The Human Resources Coordinator of Recruiting & Training is primarily responsible for a focus on recruiting, onboarding, and training to support the day-to-day human resources function at Hall Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
The ideal candidate must be a self-driven individual who has a skill for recognizing talent. A positive energy is vital to welcoming new team members to the campus. This position will report to the Senior Vice President of Human Resources.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of recruiting efforts to build the growing workforce at Hall of Fame Village.
- Coordinate the internship program for Spring, Summer, and Fall with a focus on providing the best experience for those joining the team.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify and draft detailed hiring criteria.
- Post jobs and manage advertised postings.
- Screen applications, resumes, and selects qualified candidates.
- Schedule interviews, overseeing preparation of interview questions and other hiring selection materials.
- Collaborate with supervisor, hiring manager, and/or other necessary staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details maintaining agency consistency.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations as well as company policies, procedures, and organizational processes to ensure compliance of working for a publicly traded company.
- Attend and participate in job fairs.
- Orient and assist in onboarding new hires and interns to ensure a positive assimilation to HOFV workforce.
- Communicate information about the company, parking, work schedule, dress code, appointments, etc. with new staff and prospective new hire candidates.
- Create a secure connection with new hires so they engage fully with their coworkers, their role, and the company.
- Maintain compliance of all required new hire paperwork, access badge, name tag, IT needs, first day itinerary, and more.
- Analyze training needs to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs.
- Conduct ongoing training and development classes for all levels of staff.
- Assist to plan, develop, and provide training programs through different approaches such as classroom training, demonstrations, conferences, workshops, virtual, and recorded trainings to maximize engagement and learning.
- Ensure annual compliance trainings are conducted and track attendance or completion of trainings.
- Manage relationship with external vendors and consultants as needed for specialized trainings.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- All other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ human resources experience in one or more disciplines.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to prioritize multiple ongoing projects.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and our organization.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule at times (including occasional weekends or evenings)
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
- Flexible schedules
- Paid leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.