The Head of Marketing is primarily responsible for strategic development and implementation of marketing initiatives for the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) and it’s subsidiaries. This role will implement unique marketing strategies for business verticals impacting company objectives including destination resorts, media, and gaming.
Additionally, the Head of Marketing will be responsible for coaching, developing, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities, ensuring all activities are integrated and aligned with the company’s vision, mission, and values.
Can be filled at a Director or a Vice President level, depending on experience.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Formulate and implement a short and long-term go-to market strategy to build customers, create engagement, and generate revenue.
- Assess the competitive positioning and develop insights about the current and future audience of the company and its business verticals.
- Lead creative briefs with social, digital, and creative teams to create purposeful and engaging content.
- Develop where necessary and provide governance over brand guidelines.
- Support all areas of our growing business with the development of promotional collateral for special and private events, sports, leisure, and tourism related activities.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local and regional media professionals including those in traditional and emerging channels.
- Develop and implement the company social and digital strategy across multiple business units.
- Drive marketing objectives through content creation.
- Develop processes and tools to provide timely data driven research to inform marketing decisions.
- Support leadership teams with strategic planning activities and analysis.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to evaluate marketing success across all lines of business.
- Supervision of assigned staff, assuming day-to-day responsibilities for personnel related matters that include but are not limited to:
- Assist during interview process, onboard, and train new hires.
- Complete annual performance reviews for all supervised staff.
- Provide continuous feedback, supervision, and coaching to all supervised staff.
- Formal discipline supervised staff in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Create and maintain schedule, assignments, and attendance.
- Approve time clocks and make adjustments as needed.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls, texts, inquiries, and emails.
- Enforce uniform protocol.
- All other duties as assigned.
SALARY / EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required; preferably in business administration/management, marketing, or other sales related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of Marketing and/or Sales experience required, preferably in a sports or destination environment.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct supervisory management experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends & holidays as necessary) is required.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and entire organization.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
- Proven ability in Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be able to hear, see, and speak.
- Ability to comprehend instructions and retain information.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
- Paid leave
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Stock Grant
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Company has three business divisions. Hall of Fame Village Media creates engaging original content across a variety of mediums. Gold Summit Gaming centers around developing immersive eSports, fantasy sports, and sports betting experiences. Hall of Fame Village is a 100-acre multi-use sports, entertainment and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village is a multi-use sports, entertainment and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s campus in Canton, Ohio. The Village features over 100 acres of immersive experiences to dine, shop, and be entertained and includes 8 different venues. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a world-class 23,000 seat, sports and entertainment stadium with luxury suites, rooftop cabanas, and other premium spaces for private, corporate, and special events. ForeverLawn Sports Complex is home to a wide array of tournaments with its seven turfed multipurpose fields with tournament quality lighting and hospitality, ticketing, and coaching/classroom/medical building. Center for Performance is the largest inflatable domed facility in the country and provides year-round capacity for events of all kinds. Constellation Center for Excellence is a 75,000-square-foot mixed-use facility for sports-centric research and programming, office, and retail space. Fan Engagement Zone is an 82,000-square-foot sports and entertainment-themed retail promenade. Play Action Plaza comprises 3.5 acres of green space adjacent to the Fan Engagement Zone that includes amusement rides, an outdoor amphitheater, bar area with patio, space for food trucks, a walking path, and the largest man-made water feature in Ohio. Currently under construction are a 144,000 sq. ft. football-themed waterpark and a seven-story, 130,000 sq. ft Hilton Tapestry Hotel. Phase III is currently in planning stages. For more information, visit www.HOFVillage.com
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.