The Grounds Specialist will be responsible for assisting with the overall upkeep of the outdoor assets and other general duties at Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly-traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The Grounds Specialist will work with our operations teams to ensure the best presentation and maintenance of the grounds.
- Operate lawn and grounds equipment including push and heavy mowers, snow blowers and plows (stand-on and UTV), weed eaters, backpack leaf blowers, and other related power equipment.
- Mow and maintain grassed areas within campus guidelines.
- Trim and edge all sidewalks, and around landscaped bed edges, tree rings, buildings and structures.
- Backpack blow all debris from sidewalks, landscaped beds, and around buildings and structures following mowing and edging.
- Maintain sidewalks and parking lots during winter months to keep free of snow and ice through use of shovels, snow blower, stand-on plow, UTV with plow, and salt spreader.
- Maintain a perimeter free of trash and debris along all curbs, fence lines, and parking lots throughout campus during all seasons.
- Hand pull weeds and trash from landscaped beds, turfed fields, cracks and crevices in hard surfaces along curbs and fence lines throughout campus, spraying herbicide and pertinent chemicals when necessary.
- Aerate and over-seed towards the end of growing season.
- Perform spring clean up of debris throughout campus to promote spring growth.
- Prune and trim shrubs and trees throughout campus, as necessary.
- Mulch and rake landscaped beds throughout campus, as necessary.
- Cut back all perennials after blooms and foliage are finished for the season in the fall.
- Perform field conversions for football, soccer, and lacrosse throughout campus.
- Operate machinery to line and paint for both turf and grass fields.
- Scrub turf fields, where necessary, to convert fields from sport to sport.
- Perform maintenance of campus irrigation system including preventative maintenance, replacement of heads, broken pipes, winterization when necessary.
- Assist with set-up and breakdown for events throughout campus.
- Assist other departments with various tasks, when necessary and appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent and be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledge of how to operate basic hand and power tools, and heavy lawn maintenance machinery.
- Proactive, energetic, self-starter.
- Physically agile and dexterous and able to stand, walk, kneel and stoop for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Ability to spend most of the day outside and on your feet in extreme weather conditions.
- Must work well with others and independently.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to balance many projects at once.
- Ability to work long hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Be a leader in customer service.
- Conduct self in a professional manner both in personal appearance and attitude.
- Represent the Hall of Fame Village in a professional manner.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
This is a part-time hourly position.
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.