The Food & Beverage Director is primarily responsible for overseeing the development of food and beverage operations at current and future locations of the Hall of Fame Village at select business units, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW), including oversight of license, concessions, and compliance of food and beverage operations.
The Food & Beverage Director will report to the Vice President of Operations and work closely with other business units at the Hall of Fame Village.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of foods and services in order to maintain utmost satisfaction.
- Manage menu selections, analyzing current food trends to meet guests demands including pricing.
- Oversees preparation and presentation of all food items.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, equipment, food, beverage, and maintaining inventory across all business units.
o Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA) is a specified area of land that a local legislative authority has designated as exempt from certain open container provisions. Our DORA License allows visitors, guests, clients, vendors, etc. to walk about campus having an open container alcoholic beverage as long as it meets DORA guidelines.
o Prevent and monitor non-DORA alcoholic beverage use on campus and manage non-compliant visitors.
o Responsible for compliance of retail tenants with DORA limitations, expectations, required signage, etc.
o Responsible for compliance of all HOFV business units compliance with DORA limitations expectations, required signage, etc.
o Responsible for maintaining inventory of specific DORA cups.
- Responsible for protecting public health by operating safe and sanitary facilities.
o Ensure all food and beverage areas are maintained in a safe and sanitary manner by adhering to regular cleaning and waste management disposal, governed by regulating bodies.
- Responsible for developing department SOPs for each venue to include opening & closing checklists, serving standards, and safe food handling.
- Responsible for Sanitation throughout the Food Department as well as working with and being present for all Health Inspections.
- Works with food distributor on product selection, equipment agreements and product rebate programs.
- Places weekly food & alcohol orders to the demand of the business. Sets standards for all inventory items. Completes weekly inventories.
- Food Service Operation (FSO) or Retail Food Establishment (RFE) License.
o This position serves as the designated license holder for the above licensure.
o Responsible for ensuring that there is a Person In Charge (PIC) at the facility at all times of operation. The PIC is responsible for maintaining the FSO or RFE in compliance with all food service codes.
o Ensure that the PIC is training all employees as necessary to maintain compliance with all food service codes.
- Responsible for budgeting and staying within budgeted guidelines.
- Report to executives regarding sales, results, productivity, etc.
- Address complaints and concerns of visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff and work to create positive and guest-services oriented solutions.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training, and appraising personnel.
o Provide two-way communication, nurturing an ownership environment with emphasis in motivation and teamwork.
- Responsible for working with construction teams to ensure on time delivery, compliance with Health Department, and City Planning.
o Coordinate with third party vendors and contractors as necessary.
o Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Sales, Events, and Marketing teams to assist with F&B corporate partnerships.
- Responsible for meeting Key Performance Indicators related to food costs, labor, supplies, and revenue.
- Responsible for oversight and organization of food pantries, coolers, freezers, dry storage, chemical, and paper goods.
- Follow organizational processes and procedures to ensure compliance of working for a publicly traded company.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
SALARY / EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Valid driver’s license in compliance with agency standards required.
- Culinary school diploma or bachelor’s degree in food service management or related field desired.
- 5-7 years of F&B management experience required.
- Must be ServSafe Person-In-Charge (Manager) and TIPS certified. If not, must be willing to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- Culinary knowledge in a fast-paced, casual food environment highly desired.
- Must have experience with liquor licensing and/or DORA and/or Ohio Revised Code for Health Department purposes.
- Knowledge of bar operations, pouring standards, and training of bartenders.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (POS, restaurant management software, Microsoft Office).
- Have the ability to handle or coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and entire organization.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, climb ladders, and work in a variety of different spaces.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
- Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
- Entrepreneurship:Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
- Integrity:Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
- Accountability for Results:Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
- Relationship Management/Collaboration:Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
- Learning Agility:Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
- Coaching and Development:Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
- Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village, a multi-use
sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found atwww.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found atwww.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.