The Executive Assistant will be the supportive force that empowers our Executive Leadership Team, with a primary responsibility of supporting executives at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
The ideal person for the job will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills and a meticulous attention to detail. This individual must have previous experience working in an office environment, performing administrative duties, and providing support to management. Given the changing nature of the executive landscape, we rely on our assistants for flexibility and foresight, while maintaining confidences related to high-level systems and operations.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide support to the Executive Team as directed to ensure that company goals and objectives are accomplished, and operations run efficiently.
- Maintain and refine internal processes that support the highest-ranking executives company-wide, coordinating internal and external resources to expedite workflow.
- Manage communication between upper management and employees, liaising with internal and external executives on various projects and tasks.
- Plan and orchestrate work to ensure the executives’ priorities are met, organizational goals are achieved, and best practices are upheld.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Manage professional and personal scheduling for Senior Executives, including agendas, mail, email, calls, travel arrangements, client management, and other company logistics.
- Coordinate complex scheduling and extensive calendar management, as well as management of content and flow of information to senior executives.
- Manage, coordinate, and arrange Senior Executives’ travel and travel-related activities, including hotel booking, transportation, and meal coordination.
- Perform administrative and office support, such as typing, dictation, spreadsheet creation, faxing, and maintenance of filing system and contact database.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
- Organize team communications and plan events, both internally and offsite.
- All other duties as assigned.
Hourly, Full-Time Position
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- 5 years’ experience in administrative role reporting directly to upper management required; prior C-level support a plus.
- Consistent performance exhibiting a high level of initiative, sense of urgency, extreme attention to detail, quick learning capability, common sense, and ability to problem-solve.
- Excellent communication skills including polished written and verbal communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are a must—and comfortable with learning new technology platforms.
- Proactive/self-starter with the ability to work effectively and remain organized in a high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Strong time-management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work both independently and as a flexible team player willing to do what it takes to get the job done in a dynamic small-office environment; adaptable and enjoys a challenge.
- Ability to keep company confidences.
- Must be available to work in Canton, OH.
- The ability to lift up to 15 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, construction zones, or in confined spaces.
- The ability to see and respond to dangerous or hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as needed.
- Vision and Strategic Thinking:Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
- Entrepreneurship:Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
- Integrity:Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
- Accountability for Results:Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
- Relationship Management/Collaboration:Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
- Learning Agility:Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
- Coaching and Development:Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
- Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE POWERED BY JOHNSON CONTROLS
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.