The Director of Promotions & Event Sales at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls (the “Destination”), a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (the “Company” / NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW), will be responsible for securing large-scale public events to be held at the Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium and other properties at the HOF Village powered by Johnson Controls. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Recruit and secure large-scale public events utilizing HOF Village properties.
- Develop promotional programming at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium & Hall of Fame Village.
- Seek out new business through strategic positioning in local and national markets.
- Lead the long-term event sales and strategy for the concerts, music festivals, conventions and other large-scale events sold to ensure alignment with organizational objectives.
- Build rapport with local, regional, and national event industry contacts, governing bodies, and relevant organizations.
- Coordinate with external booking agency on creating public events at HOFV.
- Work closely with other key HOFREco divisions including sports complex, private event sales, ticket sales, and hotel sales teams to ensure maximization of event revenue.
- Assist event directors with their efforts to maximize attendance, engage guests, and attract business sponsors as needed.
- Develop client relationships to ensure long-term patronage.
- Develop and manage a seamless event execution process with the support of relevant internal departments.
- Develop and execute event marketing and advertising plan including generating sales leads through various outreach activities.
- Provide superior customer service to clients and prospects.
- Complete the booking process from reservation to event completion.
- Respond in a timely manner to calls, inquiries and emails.
- Maintain comprehensive records and accounting.
- Attend networking events and trade shows as needed.
- Accurately and diligently maintain records and track customers and prospects through CRM.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to sustain competitive edge and maintain market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required; preferably in a sales-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of concert, convention, or festival sales and execution experience required, preferably in a sports, tourism, concert venue, or hospitality environment.
- Strong team skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment; must possess a strong ability for effective time management and task prioritization.
- Experience with strategic / complex opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects and events.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure.
- Able to balance internal priorities with client expectations and needs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends & holidays as necessary).
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Stock Grant
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
THIS IS A FULL TIME SALARY/EXEMPT POSITION
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company built upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.