The Development Executive in our Media Division at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls (the “Destination”), a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (the “Company” / NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW), will be primarily responsible for developing a range of content initiatives, fostering partnerships within the industry, and representing our company in the industry. The Development Executive will also source appropriate writers, directors, and producers for upcoming projects. This role requires a high degree of self-management and drive.
- Be key part of team developing original programming concepts consistent with the goals and objectives of the Company and its media division
- Identify marketable storylines, narratives and content opportunities relating to the Company, the game of football and/or the sports and entertainment industries
- Understand and adapt to current market conditions and network mandates to enhance revenue potential of Company development efforts
- Support the flow of information by keeping the department updated on development efforts
- Track and monitor the status of all media business documents and deliverables
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, display decisiveness, and show adaptability
- Translate concepts into tactical plans of action and experiment quickly in new content formats
- Must cultivate and maintain relationships within the entertainment community including agents, managers, producers, production companies, studios, networks, and emerging talent
- Support departmental efforts to increase production of both mid- and long-form video content as well as one-off projects
- Show confidence in a start-up environment, exercise good judgment and a keen eye for business decisions, and demonstrate problem-solving skills in a high-pressure environment
- Other duties as assigned
Company Core Competencies:
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- 7+ years of working with a strong network and portfolio of talent
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant experience
- Must possess top-notch negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a passion for sports and football adjacent content and a familiarity and an interest with current and former NFL talent
- Must have experience in the original programming process from the sell side (ranging from documentaries, docuseries, scripted and unscripted series) from pitch/selling through pre and post-production, including providing notes and assisting senior executives on all aspects of the process.
Dental & Vision
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.