The Building Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the general maintenance and repairs of all mechanical and operational systems at the Hall of Fame Village, a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). The ideal candidate will be an independent worker with experience across all spectrums of maintenance, HVACR, Electrical, Plumbing, and General Trades.
The Building Maintenance Technician reports to the Senior Manager of Maintenance.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Provide superior guest service to visitors, guests, clients, vendors, and staff.
- Keep all work, records, and open/close work orders up to date and current in an organized fashion in 24/7 work order system.
- Input in logbooks: completion of inspections, corrective action and/or repairs made, and lists applicable parts used.
- Responsible for preventive and corrective maintenance for individual or groups of mechanical and operational system equipment, including but not limited to troubleshooting and repair.
- Conduct inspections include testing, verification, and/or calibration of applicable systems.
- Diagnose system failures and provide immediate corrective actions.
- Research defective items/parts and instructional information to complete the repair process when needed.
- Assist in assembly and disassembly for annual inspections as well as seasonal startup and shutdown efforts of all assets, ensuring verification of quality control/NDT requirements have been met.
- Learn and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established policies, procedures, training, and team member involvement activities.
- Consistently practice safe work habits including, but not limited to the use of personal protective equipment, safe lifting practices, and reporting of unsafe situations.
- Ensure equipment is clean and visually in compliance with manufacturer’s specifications, guest, and Hall of Fame Village expectations.
- Trouble shoot electrical systems and perform minor repairs.
- Perform general plumbing repairs and routine maintenance on plumbing systems.
- Perform routine maintenance on all HVACR equipment, performing repairs if necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and repair work on commercial food and beverage equipment.
- Coordinate contracted service work with outside vendors and contractors.
- Report all accidents, injuries, and building damage in a timely manner in accordance with Company protocol.
- Report all potential mechanical or electrical problems and unsafe conditions to the Senior Manager of
- Provide assistance and training to other maintenance technicians.
- Understand and operate the basic functions of a BAS.
- Perform snow removal and general landscaping duties.
- Perform general maintenance task such as, but not limited to, painting, changing light bulbs, and door repair work.
- Clean maintenance shop, stations, equipment, and tools.
- All other duties as assigned.
SALARY /EXEMPT POSITION
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Three to Five (3-5) years of commercial building maintenance experience.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have basic computer (primarily Microsoft Outlook), math, and record-keeping skills.
- Working knowledge of the proper utilization and care of hand and power tools and maintenance equipment required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to perform operations using units of the Metric system in weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Working knowledge and experience with dial indicators, inside and outside micrometers, and dial calipers is preferred but not required.
- Proven ability to understand and follow safety procedures and protocols.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
- Valid driver’s license in compliance with agency standards required.
- Must have or be willing to obtain forklift certification.
- Must be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and entire organization.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining a high level of performance, working quickly without compromising quality.
- Ability to work flexible schedule (including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed).
- Must have the ability to demonstrate uncompromised judgment and discretion regarding confidential matters while maintaining confidentiality.
Physical Requirements for Position:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb ladders, and work in a variety of different spaces.
- The ability to work in various Ohio weather conditions, inside and outside.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, squat, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Must be able to operate lifts and large equipment.
- Must be able to hear, see, and speak.
- Must have manual dexterity necessary to complete all job duties.
- Must have ability to tolerate approved exposure levels to various chemicals found in cleaning solvents, adhesives, paints, and lubricants.
- Must be available to work in Canton, Ohio
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship:Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity:Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results:Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration:Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility:Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development:Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village, a multi-use
sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found atwww.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE
Hall of Fame Village, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found atwww.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.