The Senior Vice President of Sales at Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls (the “Destination”), a subsidiary of the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (the “Company” / NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW), will be responsible for creating revenue opportunities and oversight of corporate partnerships for Hall of Fame Resort and Entertainment Company. This position will report directly to the Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing.
- Prospect and close new sponsorships related to the company to meet Company goals and objectives.
- Oversee corporate partnerships.
- Develop strategic plan to sell comprehensive integrated marketing partnerships.
- Lead sales efforts in all Company verticals, including but not limited to entertainment partnerships.
- Upsell and renew existing partnerships.
- Identify categories for prospective new business leads.
- Lead sales efforts of Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, Hall of Fame Village, digital assets, media properties, and event sales.
- Develop and present best-in-class proposals and presentations to prospective sponsors.
- Build strong relationships with sponsors to ensure long-lasting partnerships.
- Manage sales team to ensure KPIs are being achieved.
- Grow and develop sponsorable assets by working with key internal stakeholders.
- Responsible for driving new business development goals.
- Develop & implement corporate partnership strategy with creative activation strategies.
- Manage a team of sales professionals to drive revenue across all Company platforms.
- Prospect, develop and sell partnerships to accomplish goals.
- Monitor industry trends and developments.
- Develop partnership assets, innovative platforms/programs to drive incremental revenues.
- All other duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to sustain competitive edge and maintain market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration, and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of sponsorship and/or event sales experience required, preferably in a professional sports, entertainment, or hospitality environment
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience
- Strong rolodex of national brands
- Strong team skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment; must possess a strong ability for effective time management and task prioritization
- Experience with strategic / complex opportunities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Able to simultaneously manage a high level of detail across multiple projects and events
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and quickly adapt to changes while maintaining high levels of productivity and effectiveness under pressure
- Able to balance internal priorities with client expectations and needs
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (nights, weekends & holidays as necessary)
- Must be available to work in Canton, OH
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Stock Grants
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.