The Vice President of Marketing for the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW), will be responsible for the strategic development and implementation of marketing initiatives for the Company and its subsidiaries including the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls. The dynamic candidate will implement unique marketing strategies for business verticals impacting company objectives including destination resorts, media, and gaming.
Additionally, the Vice President of Marketing will be responsible for coaching, developing, implementing, and measuring the effectiveness of marketing activities, ensuring all activities are integrated and aligned with the company’s vision, mission, and values.
- Formulate and implement a short and long-term go-to market strategy to build customers, create engagement, and generate revenue.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the existing and future marketing team.
- Assess the competitive positioning and develop insights about the current and future audience of the company and its business verticals.
- Lead creative briefs with social, digital, and creative teams to create purposeful and engaging content
- Develop where necessary and provide governance over brand guidelines.
- Support all areas of our growing business with the development of promotional collateral for special and private events, sports, leisure and tourism related activities.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with local and regional media professionals including those in traditional and emerging channels.
- Develop and implement the company social and digital strategy across multiple business units.
- Drive marketing objectives through content creation.
- Develop processes and tools to provide timely data driven research to inform marketing decisions.
- Support leadership teams with strategic planning activities and analysis.
- Develop Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to evaluate marketing success across all lines of business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to sustain competitive edge and maintain market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapt accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required; preferably in business administration/management, marketing, or other sales field
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing and/or sales experience required, preferably in sports or destination environment
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience required
- Strong team skills and the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment; must possess a strong ability for effective time management and task prioritization
- Experience with strategic / complex opportunities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be available to live and work in the Canton, Ohio area
Physical Requirements for Position:
- The ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly.
- The ability to move safely over uneven terrain, steps, or in construction zones.
- The ability to see and respond to hazardous situations.
- The ability to sit, stand, and walk for periods of time as required for the position.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
ABOUT HALL OF FAME RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
ABOUT HALL OF FAME VILLAGE POWERED BY JOHNSON CONTROLS
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers