The Executive Vice President of Gaming holds responsibility to develop and oversee all company gaming operations, with an eye toward integrated new business development within the gaming division and in partnership with leaders of other business verticals at the publicly traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (the “Company”; NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW). This position will be a key member of the Executive Leadership Team. The Executive Vice President of Gaming will partner with all other members of the Executive Committee and have continued knowledge of the revolving gaming world related to a company at the intersection of a sports and entertainment destination. The position will report directly to the President and CEO of Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company.
- Relationship development within key gaming verticals to include: Esports, Fantasy Sports, Sports Betting, and other new business development opportunities.
- Working with key executives within the Company to develop and execute a strategic plan for an integrated gaming business model.
- Holds responsibility for overall P&L and operations of specific gaming business units.
- Focus on synergistic opportunities to leverage gaming content development for growth of both physical and virtual environments across other business units within the company.
- Development of general operating procedures related to all gaming business opportunities.
- Remain focused on emerging business trends related to gaming environments.
- Ability to articulate and sell new business development within the company’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Vision and Strategic Thinking: Sets and champions a clear future direction. Addresses issues to achieve a competitive edge and to grow market dominance. Anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
- Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
- Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects: The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Fame, Community Leaders, and others as necessary. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires employees’ development and long-term career growth. Conveys high expectations for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice.
Execution: Ability to take plans and execute against them to implement profitable outcomes for the company.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Experience:
- 10-15 years in the Gaming Industry (preferred) with management experience and progressively responsible leadership roles.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Preferred.
- Previous experience in a start-up environment strongly preferred.
- Seasoned Executive with strong partnership and communication skills; key contacts throughout the gaming industry and experience working with highly recognizable brands.
- Ability to drive new deals across multiple types of gaming business units.
- Previous public company experience preferred.
- Proven track record of business growth, including leading sales/marketing efforts around the gaming industry.
- Demonstrated history around strategic Revenue/EBITDA Growth; strong financial, P&L, and budgeting skills.
- Able to work in a high-volume and fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to multi-task within different business units under the Gaming Vertical.
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision
- Life Insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
- Stock Grants
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.