The Senior Vice President (SVP) Accounting & Treasury will play an integral role in the month-end and quarter-end close processes, providing timely and accurate financial information to key stakeholders, and owning the cash forecasting and banking relationships of the Company. This is a critical role and assumes responsibility of leading the accounting functions of the publicly-traded Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW).
The ideal candidate for the job will be well-versed in SEC reporting, accounting for complex transactions, leading dialogue with external auditors, and interacting with the Board. The role requires a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills. The position would immediately oversee management of an internal accounting team of 3 currently, as well as external teams that provide some of the steps of the Close and internal controls process. A critical component of the position is building the team internally over the next few years. The ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment is critical.
- Lead Month-End and Quarter-End Close processes, ensuring accurate and timely GAAP Financial Statements, including reporting the Executive Leadership and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Own Statement of Cash Flows and cash management process, including forecasting sources and uses of cash over the short-term and long-term, and reporting of budget vs. actual results.
- Interact with lenders and banks regarding current and potential debt facilities | own the monthly Debt Schedule and ensure compliance with any covenants.
- Own the Internal Controls environment, ensuring adequate controls are in place, documented, tested, and understood throughout the organization | mitigate risks to ensure no material weaknesses in internal controls.
- Make and/or approve necessary journal entries to properly reflect activities and accruals within the financial statements.
- Lead interactions with external parties to prepare, file, report, and distribute necessary tax documents each year.
- Interface with banks and lenders, including working with them to understand timing of cash flows and requirements.
- In tandem with Financial Planning & Analysis, enhance tracking and reporting of all Debt and Equity positions.
- Collaborate with external parties and the independent auditors to facilitate successful auditing and review of financial statements and internal control environment, ensuring on-time filing of SEC forms.
- Oversee property tax and mortgage escrow payments/reimbursements and loans.
- Provide Accounting guidance on ad-hoc analyses across the business, including support of areas outside of Finance/Accounting on items such as Revenue Recognition for new business ideas.
- Play a leadership role in ongoing ERP implementation, working with internal and external parties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Critical Success Factors Include:
- Knowledge of SEC reporting processes and requirements.
- Ability to lead and manage the month-end and quarter-close processes.
- Leadership skills that will motivate both internal and external resources to achieve stated goals.
- Ability to interact with external auditors, leading conversations and answering questions | manage the process of data collection and providing to auditors.
- Experience with internal controls and SOX testing (working with external vendor who will perform the testing).
- Understanding complex accounting transactions, and quickly translate to impact on HOFV financials.
- Ability to forecast sources and uses of cash, communicating as appropriate to internal and external parties.
- Relationship building with multiple functional areas and all levels of the organization.
Vision and Strategic Thinking: Addresses issues preemptively, thinks strategically, and anticipates needs and priorities.
Entrepreneurship: Champions innovation and encourages new ideas. Builds momentum to get things done by communicating clearly and consistently. Acts decisively. Helps others to successfully manage organizational change. Recognizes successes and informed risk-taking.
Integrity: Is ethical and honest in all dealings. Keeps confidences and is highly responsible in managing strictly confidential information. Treats others fairly and equitably. Delivers what is promised. Is respected by others.
Accountability for Results: Sets goals and high standards to accomplish these goals. Follows through on all commitments. Has a sense of direction and keeps focused, but knows when to be flexible and adapts accordingly. Maintains a positive attitude despite stress, frustration and ambiguity; recovers quickly from disappointments and setbacks. Questions how things were done in order to develop ways to do things more efficiently. Encourages diverse thought and welcomes contributions.
Relationship Management/Collaboration: Builds, maintains, and values positive relationships inside and outside the organization. Allocates effort to understanding and meeting needs of customers and targeted prospects, The NFL, Pro Football Hall of Famers, and community leaders. Assists others in accomplishing their goals. Communicates effectively and speaks and writes clearly. Listens and values contributions of others.
Learning Agility: Learns technology, new systems, and processes to improve job proficiency. Inspires and encourages others to learn and grow in their careers.
Coaching and Development: Encourages and inspires others’ development and growth while also working to improve themselves. Conveys high expectations both of themselves and for others. Regularly provides helpful guidance and advice and appreciates the opportunity to grow when receiving the same.
Execution: Ability to take plans and successfully execute against them.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required, CPA/MBA preferred
- 15-20 years of accounting or finance experience required.
- Experience in construction, entertainment, or sports industry preferred.
- Experience in Financial Reporting and/or Treasury preferred.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and experience in implementing a new ERP preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to build relationships and gain the trust of internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office—Outlook, Word, Excel are a must—and comfortable with learning new technology platforms.
- Strong time-management skills as well as the ability to prioritize, multi-task, and coordinate multiple projects at once.
- Ability to keep company confidences.
About Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company
The Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company (NASDAQ: HOFV, HOFVW) is a resort and entertainment company leveraging the power and popularity of professional football and its legendary players in partnership with the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Headquartered in Canton, Ohio, the Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company is the owner of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a multi-use sports, entertainment, and media destination centered around the Pro Football Hall of Fame's campus. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFREco.com.
About Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls
Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls, a Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company Destination, is a mixed-use sports, entertainment, and media destination located in a 200-acre tourism development district in Canton, Ohio. The Pro Football Hall of Fame Museum will serve as the heart of the Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls campus, surrounded by the varied components being built around it. In total, there will be ten additional components that will shape the landscape of George Halas Drive. This once-in-a-lifetime project and company builds upon the Pro Football Hall of Fame’s mission, values, and vision positioned as “The Most Inspiring Place on Earth!” for all those who will play the Game, played the Game, and love the Game.
Today, Hall of Fame Village powered by Johnson Controls includes two active components, the National Youth Football & Sports Complex and Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium, and the infrastructure to support additional expansion plans. Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium is a 23,000 seat, best-in-class, sports and entertainment stadium which hosts the Hall of Fame Game (always the first nationally televised NFL game of the season), the Hall of Fame Enshrinement for NFL players, and the Concert for Legends (hosted previously by Tim McGraw, Maroon 5, and Imagine Dragons), as well as the football programs of Canton McKinley High School and Walsh University, the Black College Football Hall of Fame Classic, and many more events year-round, quickly becoming an elite entertainment venue for the region. Additional information on the Company can be found at www.HOFVillage.com.
Hall of Fame Resort & Entertainment Company and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.