In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Green Bay Packers Job Posting
The Sales & Business Development Department is responsible for generating revenue for the Green Bay Packers organization through the sale of corporate sponsorships.
The department is also responsible for managing the relationships with corporate partners.
Interns will be responsible for assisting the Sales & Business Development staff in day-to-day operations of the department. This includes but is not limited to client / partner relations, inventory management and the planning and execution of special events.
Three internship positions are available:
Two located in the Green Bay Office
One located in the Milwaukee Office
Timeframe: Full year: June 2023 – June 2024 *
*Official start/end date is subject to change and will be dictated by the Packers.
This is a paid internship and entails 40+ hours during the work week (Monday-Friday). Interns must be present in the office (internship cannot be completed remotely).
Interns may also be asked to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
Attendance is required for all applicable home games, training camp and marquee events (i.e. Family Night).
Location: Internships are offered in the Green Bay and Milwaukee offices. Please note what office you are interested in when submitting your resume.
Resumes and cover letters must be submitted by January 31, 2023.
- Prepare Sales & Business Development documents for clients. Examples may include proof of performance and activation plans.
- Join Sales & Business Development staff at select meetings with partners.
- Assist the Partnership Services team with fulfillment of partnership assets.
- Assist with day-to-day Sales & Business Development administrative needs.
- Assist with client hospitality on game days, training camp and special events.
- Assist with the coordination of various Sales & Business Development activities during training camp, including, but not limited to: client hospitality visits, signage and sponsor activations.
- Assist with coordinating, planning, and executing special events. Examples include: Corporate Luncheon Series, training camp, 5K Run, Family Night, Festival of Lights, player appearances and partner events.
- Assist with coordination and execution of Sales & Business Development game day elements. Elements may include client hospitality, contests/promotions, client activations/displays, etc.
- Work closely with the Game Entertainment intern on coordination and execution of game day elements.
- Assist Sales & Business Development and Game Entertainment staff with promotions on and off-field on game days.
- Daily computer work, power point documents, spreadsheets, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree (junior status minimum) in related field.
- Previous work experience in sports marketing and/or sports marketing events outside of classroom work required. Example: internship / volunteer time with a sports team or athletic dept.
- Internship and/or part-time experience with other sports teams preferred.
- Above average communication skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle various projects at one time while performing at a very high level.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours, within a team environment.
- Milwaukee intern must have access to their own vehicle for regular travel to Green Bay and other events throughout the state as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for periods of time.
- Ability to focus on projects for periods of time.
- Ability to reach, stoop and lift on a frequent basis.
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Operates in a professional office environment.
- Role routinely uses standard office equipment.
SUPERVISES: This position does not have supervisory responsibility.
SUPERVISED BY: Sales & Business Development staff
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description has been approved by management. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing, and duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
All resumes submitted will be reviewed and selected qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.