Summary: USA Football is seeking a highly motivated person who will serve as a producer for its daily football podcast, The Coach and Coordinator Podcast. This position will be responsible for conducting research on potential guests, scheduling, audio editing and any required follow-up or collection of additional content for the Content and Education departments. This position also will keep a calendar for podcasts and marketing reads.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial reach-out to potential guests as suggested by show host and USA Football staff. This includes obtaining contact information, contacting and scheduling the coach, then sending a potential list of questions.
- Obtaining a guest biography and head shot photo prior to the interview so the host can use it in the introduction.
- Maintaining a database of questions and topics for themed shows.
- Editing audio content for flow and clarity.
- Sending appropriate follow-up emails thanking guest and asking for additional content.
- Keeping a calendar of episodes to coordinate with the Content department for release.
- Scheduling ad reads with marketing.
- Working with social to provide audio clips and transcripts.
Education: Recent college graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in audio production, communications, marketing or related area
- Knowledge of Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Strong organizational, communication and time management skills
- Football experience is preferred but not required
- Internship begins September 3, 2019 and ends December 6, 2019
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Director, Football Operations
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow us on Facebook
or on Twitter
AAP/EEO Statement USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.