Summary: USA Football is seeking a highly motivated person who will serve as the NFL FLAG Sales and Customer Experience intern. The position will assist with NFL FLAG league account management, sales, customer service, program research, and general communication with leagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer service to NFL FLAG leagues and prospective leagues including website navigation and product and order inquiries
- Communicate with new and prospective leagues via phone and email to assist them with becoming members of the NFL FLAG program
- Research prospective leagues and gauge their interest in the NFL FLAG program
Education: Recent college graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Organizational skills including ability to handle a high volume of detailed oriented work
- Demonstrate teamwork and strong work ethic
- Familiarity with various computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Salesforce, ect)
- Previous customer service experience a plus
- Previous outbound sales experience a plus
- Internship begins August 12, 2019 and ends December 6, 2019
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Manager, NFL FLAG
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
USA Football evolves and grows the sport through innovative standards and best practices to advance coach and player development, participation and safety within the fun of the game and its inherent values. As the sport’s national governing body and member of the U.S. Olympic Committee, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow USA Football at or on Twitter @USAFootball.
USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.