Summary: USA Football’s Football Development Team is looking for a talented intern who can assist in implementing and expanding initiatives for the USA Football organization. These initiatives include, but are not limited to, the American Development Model, the Rookie Tackle program, as well as new coach certification models. This intern will also assist in the launch of our new learning management system.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the continued advancement of the American Development Model
- Assist in the promotion and growthof the Rookie Tackle program
- Assist in the creation of content for the learning management system
- Conduct research to support USA Football programming and training materials
- Work with Football Development team to maintain schedules for course shoots and marketing updates
- Collaborate with the Football Development team on migration of content from the current management system to the new learning management system
- Assist in preparations for the USA Football National Conference with duties including, but not limited to, program scheduling, speaker contracts, marketing assistance, live field needs, etc.
Education: Recent college graduate (within past 6 months) or current student pursuing a degree in sports management, health and human performance or a related area.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
- Well organized and attentive to details
- Team member and goal oriented
- Knowledge of the sport
- Ability to work weekends and potential holidays when required
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to travel as needed
- Internship begins September 3, 2019 and ends December 6, 2019
- Internship is full-time (40 hours/week)
- Internships are unpaid, with a $775 nominal monthly stipend, plus parking allowance
- Reports to Director, Coaching
- Position will be located at USA Football’s headquarters based in Indianapolis, IN
- Must secure housing and transportation in Indianapolis
- USA Football supports interns seeking academic credit
- Interns must identify learning goals and work with supervisor to achieve goals
- Examine the organization and its industry/environment
- Analyze and interpret functions and responsibilities
- Observe professionals in various roles and participate with them where appropriate
- Apply academic learning to practical and professional work experiences
- Learn how to perform specific tasks
NO PHONE CALLS – UNSOLICITED CALLS AND EMAILS WILL NOT BE RETURNED.
About USA Football
designs and delivers premier educational, developmental and competitive programs to advance and grow the sport. As the sport’s national governing body, member of the U.S. Olympic Committee and organizer of the U.S. National Team for international competition, USA Football partners with leaders in medicine, child advocacy and athletics to support positive football experiences for youth, high school and other amateur players. Follow us on Facebook
or on Twitter
AAP/EEO Statement USA Football provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.