MetLife Stadium, home of the NY Giants and NY Jets is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Finance Team! Please review the posting carefully, and if you meet the requirements, please apply! This is an exempt level position, reporting to the Controller, Finance. The Staff Accountant has one direct report, Jr. Accountant.
Below is a brief summary of the position:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the processing of all incoming invoices and assist with internal and external information requests. Additionally, the Staff Accountant is responsible for the accounts receivable cycle (from billing to cash application to revenue recognition).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Provides high level of customer service to both NFL teams, maintaining absolute neutrality on all team issues and protecting confidentiality of each teams’ information.
- Processes all incoming invoices including but not limited to receiving, coding, routing for approval and keying into general ledger system.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Responds to departmental and vendor inquiries and follows up when appropriate.
- Prepares check batches.
- Monitors accounts payable to ensure payments are accurate and timely.
- Completes monthly account reconciliations (A/P, prepaid expenses, accruals, fixed assets, intercompany transactions, utilities, insurance and departmental expenses).
- Assists with the development of the company budget.
- Assists with the processing of company payroll.
- Generates all invoices, including suite license fees, building sponsors, catering/special event, telecom and facility reimbursement
- Records and applies cash receipts against open receivables
- Processes credit card payments (limited to non-ticket transactions)
- Serves as primary liaison with banking account representative for day-to-day issues
- Conducts weekly aging meetings with Suite and Sponsorship departments
- Investigates significantly aged receivables
- Proactively communicates with customers and sales department to resolve discrepancies
- Responds to internal and external accounts receivable inquiries and follows up when appropriate
- Assists with the monthly book close process including:
- Prepares and enters monthly journal entries into the general ledger
- Prepares preliminary revenue recognition schedules
- Prepares monthly close reconciliations (cash, AR and others as needed)
- Responds to auditor requests for support
- Assists with various general and administrative responsibilities of the department
- Assists with special projects as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and should possess the following qualifications:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A) in accounting or related field required.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to thrive in an environment where circumstances are different and changing.
- 1-2 Years Supervisory Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills – must be detail oriented.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Customer service—the individual manages difficult client/customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitment
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Required knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.