Ford Field Management, LLC is Detroit's premier sports and entertainment destination and is the game day home of the Detroit Lions. Throughout the year, Ford Field hosts events such as concerts, motorsports, college and high school sports, high school and college graduations, and more. Ford Field also has space available for conferences, meetings, and banquets. Ford Field has hosted major events such as Super Bowl XL and the 2009 NCAA Men's Basketball Final Four.
The Ticket Seller (Event Day) is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and maximizing individual ticket sales on event day.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The Ticket Seller (Event Day) position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Efficiently facilitate ticket sales, will call and provide exceptional customer service at ticket sales windows
- Demonstrate a high degree of proficiency of the ticketing and point of sale software
- Accurately and efficiently process orders, apply payments and ensure accurate delivery of event tickets
- Enter and/or update customer account information
- Ability to make decisions during high-pressure situations.
- Maintain organization of tasks and event documents.
- Ability to work well with people; must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and organized with cash handling and basic accounting principles.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Attendance and punctuality are imperative, as well as adjusting to a flexible schedule to accommodate meeting the minimum requirement of 75% schedule availability on event days,
- Will provide exceptional customer service at the Ford Field ticket sales windows
- Will be highly engaged and display a strong sales and service focus while thoroughly enjoying interacting with a diverse group of consumers
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the
objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated
into the position description if they are ongoing.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be customer-service oriented and have a fan-friendly attitude.
- Ability to figure simple mathematical problems.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to meeting both the work schedule and job requirements.
- Experience in customer service and guest relations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- A high degree of technological competence
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to speak in a professional manner via telephone/in person with guests, fans and staff
- Must be available for a minimum of 75% of all ticketed events at Ford Field, with scheduled event day shifts of roughly four hours
TO APPLY: Please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter as one attachment detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
NO CALLS or EMAILS PLEASE
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.