In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Lions, much like the city and community they represent, are built on a blue-collar work ethic that values hustle and conviction.
Ford Field, the home of the Lions since 2002 in the heart of Detroit, is part of a vibrant sports and entertainment district featuring all four major professional sports franchises. Ford Field is also home to a dedicated and passionate multi-generational fan base reflective of the innovation, creativity and drive synonymous with Detroit.
Under the leadership of Sheila Hamp, the great granddaughter of Henry Ford, the Lions have ushered in an era of rebirth focused on creating an inclusive and equitable experience for employees, partners and fans. Building off the rich and diverse history of the city, the Lions embrace transparency and value contribution from all areas of the organization. We believe in the power of a pride, and acknowledge winning together takes understanding, acceptance, and teamwork. We believe in our “we” culture and are committed to building a new tradition that Detroit and Michigan can be proud of.
One Pride. For All.
The Quick Lane Bowl Intern position will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Finalize details for Bowl Game events
- Fill gift bags that will be provided to the participating teams
- Assist with daily general office duties and operational needs of the Events department, including making copies, hanging of event signage and phone correspondence
- Assist with setting up the logistics for events and transportation
- Assist and prepare for all ancillary team/travel party events
- Assist with Post-Game Trophy Presentation
- Assist with pregame and in-game escorts
- Assist in coordination of game operations, school transportation, and on-site partner activation
- Serve as Quick Lane Bowl liaison at team hotels
- Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and Website Updates
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Will accept other responsibilities and duties required by the supervisor consistent with the objectives and essential functions of this position. Such responsibilities shall be incorporated into the position description if they are ongoing.
- Maintain professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Must be at least 18 years old and authorization to work in the United States
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Must have good time management skills for managing various Event tasks
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills along with great listening skills
- Must be available to work ALL days from December 11th-December 29th, 2023, including December 24th and December 25th
- Must be able to climb stairs with the ability to lift and carry items
- Must be professional, responsible and have proven ability in being punctual
- Must have a “Can Do” customer service attitude
- Must have the ability and willingness to take direction
- Past experience with event coordination & coordinating groups of people is preferred
- Past large event experience is preferred
To apply, please submit a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position.
Due to the high volume or resumes received, we regret that we are unable to update candidates on the status of their application. Those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please no phone calls or emails.