The Detroit Lions currently have an internship available in the New Media department. The Social Media Intern will assist with the development of creative content for Detroit Lions social media channels. The position will be responsible for sourcing photos, updating preexisting creative templates, and coordinating distribution of approved content.
HOURS/SCOPE OF POSITION:
This internship will be from July 15, 2018 through the conclusion of the 2018-2019 Football Season. All applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes working nights, weekends and holidays as the football schedule dictates.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
The New Media Intern will have daily responsibilities including, without limitation, the following:
- Work with social media manager and creative services department to help produce creative assets for use on social media
- Assist in the execution and monitoring of digital marketing campaigns to maximize outreach, fan engagement, and campaign performance
- Live content capturing during home games, training camp and other events for use on team’s social media platforms
- Help support the team’s social content and strategy.
- Monitor the team’s social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat)
- Remain current on evolving social media landscape and help implement best practices and industry trends
- Assist with creating graphic and video elements for Detroit Lions social media
- Assist with day-to-day moderation of social media engagements, including removing spam and vulgar comments
- Will maintain an appropriate level of knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and of web tools and software being used
- Will participate in team meetings, providing input and suggestions related to social media and other areas as needed; will make recommendations for processes and procedures
- Must be motivated, reliable, and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Maintains professionalism when communicating with internal and external contacts
- Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Will adjust work schedule to meet departmental demands
- Will keep appropriate information confidential
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas of study include digital media, web management, graphic design
- An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above
- Comprehensive knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Will adjust schedule as needed to meet work goals and time constraints, including working nights, weekends, during training camp and holidays, as NFL football schedule directs
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time.
This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including: ability to communicate with others in person, via telephone, email, and via written correspondence and to accurately and professional convey information.
While performing duties of job, the employee constantly operates a computer and other office devices such telephones, copy machines, fax machines, regularly move about inside the office to access storage areas, cabinets and office machinery; constantly communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires the employee to have the ability to reach, bend, sit and/or stand, climb or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. This position requires the employee to occasionally lift objects of 20 pounds.
The duties of this position are performed in a variety of environments. Work may take place in doors in an office environment where the noise level in the work environment is usually minimal-to-moderate. Work may also take place outdoors in a variety of weather conditions, such as during pre-game events, and also at football stadiums were the noise level can be very loud.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.