PURPOSE: To provide hard-working, career minded candidates with an internship opportunity to experience the work environment of an NFL Training Camp.
TIME FRAME: Duration of the Chiefs 2018 Training Camp (Mid-July thru Mid-August) on the campus of Missouri Western State University in St. Joseph, MO.
DUTIES: The following is a general list of duties pertaining to the Training Camp internship.
• Customer Service/Fan Interaction – Interns serve as ambassadors of the Kansas City Chiefs at Training Camp for fans in attendance. The majority of the day is focused around the fans and the customer service/experience we deliver.
• Camp Operations –Many of the elements and materials displayed at camp require setup and breakdown each day. It is the interns’ responsibility to participate in the setup and breakdown throughout the course of Training Camp.
• Fan Development – Promote and solicit sign-ups for the Chiefs Kids Club.
• Event Assistance – Interns will be required to assist with any event that is occurring throughout the duration of camp. May include but is not limited to being able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds.
• Grassroots Marketing – Interns will be provided the opportunity to engage fans in and around the St. Joseph area to promote attendance at Training Camp.
• Practical Experience – Interns will use the knowledge attained throughout Training Camp to assist with other Chiefs related marketing initiatives.
EXPECTATIONS: The following expectations are required of all interns:
• Perform duties as outlined by the Kansas City Chiefs and Missouri Western University Faculty.
• Exhibit a professional image regarding all interactions with fans and fellow Chiefs associates.
• Be prepared to work long hours outside during the summer months. Physical activity will be involved.
• Arrive on time and perform your duties in a professional manner.
• Be able to work well in a group setting.
REQUIREMENTS: Applicants are reviewed based on the following:
• Have completed at least sophomore year or higher at a four-year university and maintained a minimum of a 3.0 grade point average.
• An interest in working for professional sports teams.
• Prior experience in the Sport Management field is highly recommended, but not required.
• Be eligible to work in the United States. Have reliable transportation to and from Training Camp (St. Joseph, MO).
COMPENSATION: Chiefs Training Camp interns receive two full hours of transferable university class credit from Missouri Western State University for working during camp. Graduate level credit is available. All corresponding course fees will be the responsibility of the intern.Intern is responsible for paying the required school tuition.
• Free housing is available on-campus.
• Meals and shirts are provided while at Training Camp.
• Background checks will be administered.
• Respond to questions listed below.
• Attach a current resume and cover letter.
• Final candidates will be selected to participate in an interview process.
Please do not contact us during the selection process. Do not email your resume and cover letter separately and please, no phone calls.