*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Profile: HVAC Technician
Department: Stadium Systems
Reports to: Stadium Systems Manager
Status: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
To operate, inspect, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all equipment used for heating, ventilation and air conditioning of Arrowhead Stadium and The Kansas City Chiefs’ Practice Facility. This includes chilled water plants and all associated mechanical equipment, centralized heating systems such as boilers and steamers, pumps, gas-fired systems, electronic control systems, and VFDs. To understand, navigate, schedule, trend, and troubleshoot the Automated Logic - Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Operate, Inspect, Maintain, Troubleshoot and Repair and perform Preventative Maintenance for:
- HVAC equipment including refrigeration, ac compressors, receivers, condensers, chillers, air-cooled/forced air units, fans, pumps, automatic and hand valves, expansion valves, safety valves, capillary tubes, boilers and heat exchangers.
- Make necessary system adjustments through the BMS or locally for thermostats, fan controls, switches, pumps, damper motors, louvers, heat exchangers, chiller loop and boiler outputs and valves.
- Complete and close out Work Orders in the CMMS and Alarms in the BMS.
- Respond to Fire Alarm System and be familiar with fire panels and pumps.
- Perform skilled electrical maintenance, installation, repair and troubleshooting associated with HVAC equipment, including pumps, motors, timers, control panels and wiring systems.
- Maintain records concerning time, labor and materials of tasks performed and complete reports when necessary.
- Assist other Engineering disciplines when deemed necessary by management, including but not limited to; water line breaks, sanitary line breaks, snow removal and field tarp installation/removal.
- Join SEIU Local #1
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively. Show flexibility in problem solving.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills, participates in meetings and is willing to accept critical feedback.
- Judgment-Displays willingness to make decisions and exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Includes appropriate people in decision making process.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Perform manual labor for extended periods; often on a ladder and overhead. Repetitive bending and lifting of items with repetitive arm movements.
- Ability to push and pull objects, reach, bend, sit and/or stand, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to walk long distances and stand.
- Must be able to lift/carry objects weighing 25+ lbs.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- High school education/GED equivalent required, and CFC Universal Certification required.
- Associates Degree, Trade Certification or Journeyman experience in HVAC Systems preferred.
- 7 years’ experience in the installation, repair, and maintenance of HVAC systems as well as related electrical systems.
- Must have proven knowledge of HVAC and Electrical system installation and repair methods, procedures and equipment, safety practices, troubleshooting and installation methods and procedures.
- Ability to identify, diagnoses, and correct major system problems.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Candidate must be a team player and have the ability to work effectively and professionally when working independently.
- Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility and governed by state and federal law.
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Report to work each day and on time and work extra hours when needed.
The Kansas City Chiefs Football Club is an equal opportunity employer, which appreciates and welcomes a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.