The Kansas City Chiefs Seasonal Cheer Intern will gain valuable hands-on experience while working with the Chiefs Cheerleader Director. This position provides exposure to areas such as special events, merchandise sales and inventory, recruitment events, registration and youth programs.
- Organize and communicate information on Cheer & Dance Workshops.
- Help execute Cheer Audition Weekend.
- Organize and help execute Draft Day Weekend for Cheer, Wolf, Warpaint & Rumble.
- Organize the Junior Chiefs Cheerleader Program and communicate information about upcoming events to members.
- Organize and communicate information about Spirit Day.
- Actively help with social media content for Cheer Twitter and Instagram accounts.
- Keep track of calendar grid on inventory and credits.
- Maintain Cheerleader & Warpaint appearance schedule.
- Track cheerleader merchandise inventory.
- Research different pricing and companies when needed.
- Assist/plan/market/advertise numerous cheerleader special events throughout the year (Spirit Day, Dance Studio Day, etc.).
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Interview expenses such as travel (if applicable), etc. are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the individual.
- All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
- Interns are paid at minimum wage.
- 40 hours per week and events/game days. Starting February 10, 2020 (subject to change) and working through early August (dependent on first preseason game/Spirit Day).
- Light office duties and activities.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.
Please include both resume and cover letter with application. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.