The Kansas City Chiefs Business Operations Intern will engage with clients and partners within the sports, entertainment and hospitality spaces on behalf of the Chiefs organization. The intern will gain hands-on experience in professional sports business development and customer relations. In addition to other tasks, the intern will assist with maintaining current partnership relationships and hospitality programs as well as planning and facilitating VIP client events. The intern will acquire the ability to interact with key executives and decision-makers from prestigious local and national companies and learn the value of organization, communication and public relations.
- Develop, maintain and grow client and internal relationships.
- Work with client management team and internal support resources to develop programs and events in premium services, suites, events and hospitality areas of the organization.
- Assistance in maintaining current partnerships, including ticket fulfillment, gift deliveries, entertainment tracking, catering, etc.
- When necessary, execute game day operations, special events, hospitality programs and all tasks pertaining to current client services.
- Chiefs game day – Suite Member fulfillment, VIP hospitality, building and managing game day report for business operations team.
- Events – Support in the preparation, execution and recap with regards to all special events including, but not limited to, VIP gatherings, concerts, college football games, etc.
- Actively plan, facilitate, execute and recap all business operations and client services events including, but not limited to, VIP gatherings, concerts, away game trips, and other events in the organization.
- Learn product offerings and be able to speak knowledgeably to potential customers and clients.
- Ideas – We are always looking for new, fresh ideas, events and programs to add value for current and potential Suite Members.
- Assist in the management of the organization’s business operations calendar.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Interview expenses such as travel (if applicable), etc. are the responsibility of the candidate.
- Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the individual.
- All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
- Interns are paid at minimum wage.
- 40 hours per week and events/game days. Starting June 3, 2019 and working through the end of February 2020.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.
Please submit both resume and cover letter together with your application and no phone calls/emails!