JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for recording the cost of fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, updating accounting records, recording depreciation and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
- Create and monitor a system of internal controls, procedures and forms for the recording of fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assign and tag newly acquired fixed assets with fix asset tags.
- Monitor and report actual vs. budgeted project costs.
- Create fixed asset schedules and maintain fixed asset addition records to support annual audit inquiries.
- Reconcile fixed asset and accumulated depreciation accounts monthly.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets.
- Evaluate the disposal of certain fixed assets, as needed.
- Prepare depreciation schedules needed for annual tax returns.
- Serve as a key point of contact between the Finance Department and the rest of the Club for all fixed asset/capital project related matters.
- Maintain unbudgeted capital (fixed asset) requisitions.
Analytical Skills – Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
Motivation – Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and enthusiasm. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED(EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS)
- Minimum five years of fixed asset accounting experience.
- Business Administration, Accounting or Finance Degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic Great Plains or similar accounting software.
- General working knowledge of GAAP guidance related to fixed assets.
- Yes/No: Do you have 5 years of fixed asset accounting experience?
- Yes/No: Do you have a Business Administration, Accounting or Finance degree?
- Yes/No: Do you have experience with Microsoft products including Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar accounting software?
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.