Position Profile: Editor, Special Projects
Department: Content and Production
Reports to: Director of Production, Special Projects
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chiefs are looking for a passionate and creative full-time Editor, Special Projects to work in the club’s newest department. This position will work in conjunction with their award-winning, in-house production team, 65 Toss Power Trap Productions. This creative will serve as the editor/designer for all short/mid/and longform features as it pertains to international work, long form streaming work and other special projects as defined. This role will play an integral part in all aspects of 65TPT’s furthering of their content creation as the Chiefs expand the footprint of their creative team.
- Directly responsible for the post-production for international and special projects as identified by the Director or Production, Special Projects.
- Work as lead editor, designer, motion graphics supervisor for the division.
- Work alongside VP of content and production, director of production and producers on the team (65 TPT) to ideate new and creative short/mid/and longform feature ideas.
- Work alongside Director of Production, Special Projects in order to edit and prep for distribution all international and special project programming.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to assemble, edit, process, color correct, format, and export video projects from start to finish.
- Work with CatDV to log and manage media assets as assigned.
- Actively seek out industry trends and new technology and techniques that will elevate and enhance our content on all channels.
- Perform tasks as needed – including but not limited to - live production, shooting, sound recording, gripping, edit direction, music scoring, color correction, audio editing and mixing, and graphic design.
- Able to work individually or as a team on projects.
- Perform additional duties as assigned from time-to-time by VP of content and production.
- Technical Skills - Must assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communications - Must speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
- Written Communications - Must write clearly and informatively.
- Leadership - Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment - Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- A minimum of 2 years of post-producing short/mid/long form content at a high-level.
- Must be proficient using Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects / Photoshop.
- Proficiency in tracking and measuring the success of video content in the digital space and the ability to apply those lessons to future creative strategy.
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of production equipment needed. (Expertise in production, field/studio/location-production, sound recording, and program development and execution highly desirable).
- Comfortable using small and large format cameras (The team is currently using Arri Alexa Mini and Amira cinema cameras) preferred.
- Demonstrated polished communication and learning skills.
- Versatility, organization, and dependability a must.
- Sports production/team experience preferred.
- College degree required.
- Background working in college or pro sports is a plus.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Will periodically be required to lift and carry production equipment totaling 50-75 lbs.
- Understanding of NFL rules, gameplay, players etc.
- Organizational skills and ability to manage time effectively while working on multiple projects.
- Must be a team player, willing and able to learn new concepts and processes, and willing to travel for shoots when necessary.
- Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required, as well as all Chiefs games, home and away.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.
*DEMO REEL A MUST. CONSIDERATION OF CANDIDATE WILL RELY ON PROVIDING VISUAL WORK.