Position Profile: Producer
Reports to: Director of Production
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: Serve as an in-house producer for the Chiefs production team, 65 Toss Power Trap Productions. The producer will serve as a visual storyteller for the Kansas City Chiefs, contributing to the team’s digital, social, broadcast and in-stadium production efforts.
- Produce and edit video content for Chiefs digital and social channels, TV shows, in-stadium show and preseason games and other miscellaneous events.
- Work as a camera operator to capture footage of practice, games, press conferences, in-studio player and coach interviews, feature b-roll, scenic footage, and more.
- Assist in the production of live events and in-stadium production.
- Use Adobe Creative Suite to assemble, edit, process, color correct, format, and export video projects from start to finish.
- Use Chiefs media asset management software (CatDV) to ingest, categorize and organize game and practice footage, interviews, feature b-roll and press conferences.
- Perform tasks as needed – including but not limited to: live production, shooting, sound recording, gripping, edit direction, music scoring, color correction, audio editing and mixing, graphic design / animation and copywriting.
- Perform additional duties as assigned from time-to-time by Director of Production.
- Technical Skills - Must assess own strengths and weaknesses; pursue training and development opportunities. Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communications - Must Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification. Demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
- Written Communications - Must Write clearly and informatively.
- Leadership - Exhibit confidence in self and others; inspire and motivate others to perform well. Readily accept feedback from others and provide vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity. Meet challenges with resourcefulness.
- Judgment - Display willingness to make decisions and exhibit sound and accurate judgment. Include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Motivation - Demonstrate excellent personal motivation and encourage others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Show persistence and overcome obstacles. Take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Background working in college or pro sports a plus.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Will periodically be required to lift and carry production equipment totaling 50-75 lbs.
- A minimum of 3 years of assisting/coordinating or associate work in the video production field is required.
- Proficiency in tracking and measuring the success of video content in the digital space and the ability to apply those lessons to future creative strategy.
- Extensive demonstrated knowledge of production equipment needed. (Expertise in post-production, field/studio/location-production, sound recording and program development and execution needed).
- Must be proficient using Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro or Avid.
- Design acumen with Adobe After Effects / Photoshop a must.
- Demonstrated polished communication and learning skills.
- Versatility, organization, and dependability a must.
- College degree required.
*Must Furnish Reel / Work Samples and References.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.