Position Profile: Copywriter
Reports to: Creative Director
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing department copywriter is responsible for the writing for and collaborating with all parts of the Chiefs brand. This role is central to the evolution and development of the Chiefs brand voice and strategy through external marketing messaging.
- Take ownership of the development and execution of the Chiefs brand voice standards and messaging systems through all internal and external channels.
- Write consistent and captivating copy for projects ranging from: advertising campaigns, headlines, presentations, social copy, social graphics, emails, on-air reads, web copy and more.
- Collaborate, assist and conceptualize with the creative and marketing teams. Manage communication styles across our channels while supporting the teams on briefs and execution of projects.
- A successful candidate will be able to distill our brand identity and strategy through developing a deep understanding our core target audiences. This distillation results in crafting copy that speaks to each specific audience in their own unique and engaging way.
Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation-Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, English or writing emphasis preferred.
- 1-3+ years writing experience in-house or for an agency.
- Must have a diverse writing portfolio. Please include a link showcasing your best work ranging from: advertising, product, long-form and editing skills.
- Outstanding writing skills and creativity is a must.
- Strong verbal and non-verbal communication skills with willingness to contribute with enthusiasm when sharing ideas.
- A clear understanding of the English language (spelling, grammar and vocabulary) with an avid passion for organization and paying attention to the details.
- Must be a strong collaborator and communicator. Needs to have the ability to work as a team player to conceptualize, brainstorm, self-start and pitch big ideas. Must be able to take direction well.
- Needs to be able to develop and distinguish the differences for the Chiefs brand voice and personality across all media platforms and channels.
- Experience building a writing playbook for both local and international markets.
- Ability work in a fast-paced environment, managing time on their own and prioritizing projects simultaneously. Needs to bring dedication to projects both small and large.