In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
POSITION PROFILE: Junior Application Developer
REPORTS TO: Director of Solutions Delivery
STATUS: Full-Time, Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: The Kansas City Chiefs Information Technology department is seeking a full-time employee to assist with custom software development. The Junior Application Developer role is primarily responsible for assisting senior developers with development tasks including bug fixes, unit test implementation and code testing.
The position will be based out of the Kansas City Chiefs Training Facility. This individual is required to know and observe all company and departmental processes and procedures. During the season this position will be expected to work some evenings and holidays, and occasional weekends for team/gameday.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Writing code/Bug fixes
- Implementation of unit testing in existing software
- Converting on-premise applications to Cloud-based solutions
- Implementing modern, best practice security patterns
- Creating deployment pipelines
- Document existing and future software products and procedures
- Design and development of:
- End user software
- Application program Interfaces and web services
- Process automation
- SQL databases, tables, procedures and functions
- Independent worker with close attention to detail.
- Two or more years of relevant experience.
- Relevant Education with undergraduate Degree, training, or professional experience.
- Hands-on experience with IT equipment, and software
- Experience with the following languages is preferred:
- Experience with Azure DevOps and pipelines
- Understanding of XML and Regex
- Knowledge of Powershell
- Knowledge of Relational database design
- Time at a desk 80%, on their feet 20%, driving a vehicle 0%
- 10lbs lifting requirement.
- No travel expectations.
- This position does not offer remote work.
- Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving-Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Shares skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings.
- Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively.