Job Summary: Accountable and responsible for a variety of finance and accounting activities within the Finance Department. Such activities include a working knowledge of general accounting rules and accounting software systems.
1. Assist entering purchase order based and non-purchase order based invoices and expense reports into the Great Plains accounting system.
2. Enter and generate invoices related to Corporate Partnerships, cheer/mascot appearances and miscellaneous receivables.
3. Assist entering daily sales related to tickets sales activities.
4. Create and maintain records that will track a variety of transactions related to but not limited to significant cash transactions (i.e. distributions, debt payments, national revenue, etc…).
5. Review and create entries related to expense reports including those for American Express transactions.
6. Perform monthly account reconciliations for assigned accounts.
7. Analyze information and assemble reports that include financial and non-financial information.
8. Maintain confidentiality of information learned as a result of one’s employment with the Club.
9. Assist the finance department in a variety of day-to-day activities and serve as primarily back-up for key functions within the department. Be versatile to carry out duties related to a variety of accounting functions.
10. Assist in the set-up and gameday administration of the 50/50 Raffle.
11. Maintain, record entries and track fixed asset records.
12. Track budget vs. actual records for fixed asset acquisitions.
1. Strong attention to detail.
2. Strong work ethic and willingness to work on both accounting and non-accounting activities, including game day/event responsibilities.
3. Strong organizational skills. 4. Analytical Skills-Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions. 5. Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff. 6. Oral Communications-Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Demonstrates group presentation skills and participates in meetings. 7. Written Communications- Writes clearly and informatively. 8. Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
1. Light office duties and activities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS)
1. 1-3 years of financial and/or managerial accounting experience. 2. Experience with general financial accounting rules and regulations. 3. Business Administration, Accounting or Finance degree. 4. Experience with Microsoft products including Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or similar software. 5. Experience processing accounts payable and accounts receivable.
6. Ability to work game days/events that occur in the evening and/or weekends.
7. Experience in creating dashboards and financial analysis.
How did you hear about this job?