*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Responsible for recording the cost of fixed assets/other equipment inventory, tracking existing fixed assets and other equipment inventory, updating accounting records, recording depreciation and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets. Additionally, this role will perform additional accounting functions to assist the Finance Department.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system and ensure that the assignment of useful lives for each asset is appropriate.
- Create and monitor a system of internal controls, procedures, and forms for receiving and recording of fixed asset and other equipment inventory acquisitions and dispositions.
- Assign and tag newly acquired fixed assets and other inventory with fixed asset tags or alternative labeling system.
- Monitor and report actual vs. budgeted project costs.
- Create fixed asset schedules and maintain fixed asset addition records to support annual audit inquiries.
- Reconcile fixed asset and accumulated depreciation accounts monthly.
- Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets and other equipment inventory.
- Evaluate the disposal of certain fixed assets, as needed.
- Prepare depreciation schedules needed for annual tax returns.
- Prepare detailed schedules for the Club’s annual property tax return filing.
- Serve as a key point of contact between the Finance Department and the rest of the Club for all fixed asset/capital and other inventory project related matters.
- Maintain unbudgeted capital (fixed asset) requisitions.
- Create monthly journal entries and perform account reconciliations for non-fixed asset areas.
- Assist in the process of cost accounting related to corporate and special events.
- Monitor actual operating costs vs. budget for select departments.
- Learn additional duties, including but not limited to accounts payable, to serve as a back-up.
- Assist in the documentation and preparation of sales and use tax returns
- Analytical Skills – Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs and generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation – Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and enthusiasm. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Attention to detail and organized – Values the importance of accuracy and maintains organized files/documentation.
MINIUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Minimum three years of fixed asset and inventory accounting experience.
- Business Administration, Accounting or Finance Degree.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamic Great Plains or similar accounting/ERP software.
- General working knowledge of GAAP guidance related to fixed assets.
- Yes/No: Do you have at least 3 years of fixed asset accounting experience?
- Yes/No: Do you have a Business Administration, Accounting or Finance degree?
- Yes/No: Do you have experience with Microsoft products including Microsoft Office, Dynamics Great Plains or similar accounting/ERP software?