*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Profile: Senior Accountant
Reports to: Controller
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
- Prepare and record journal entries that facilitate the monthly close process.
- Assist in annual financial statement audit and AUP process.
- Serve as a backup for key accounting processes.
- Perform an annual analysis of the Club’s revenue streams and contracts to ensure proper accounting consistent with ASC 606 (Revenue Recognition).
- Manage the Club’s lease agreements and properly account for the leases under the new standard.
- Effectively utilize IT systems to improve the efficiency of the finance department.
- Review budget vs. actual reports to ensure expenses are managed and recorded in the correct department/expense account.
- Monitor departmental expenses and meet with department heads periodically to discuss variances.
- Monitor the Club’s Finance IT systems to ensure internal controls are in place over service provider software via review of service provide SOC reports.
- Monitor compliance with select Club/NLF policies.
- Monitor and reconcile revenue and expenses related to Corporate Events.
- Assist in the accounting of revenue and expenses related to Special Events (concerts, college football games, etc…)
- Reconcile certain GL accounts and maintain account information within the Club’s account reconciliation software.
- Maintain the Club’s debt information including quarterly certifications.
- Assist the Controller to maintain the Corporate Governance documents.
- Assist the Controller to maintain player salary expense records.
- Assist the Controller and Director of Strategy and Analytics with League requested projections.
- Assist the Controller with risk management processes including but not limited to organizing and maintain insurance information.
- Implement process improvements as needed, including but not limited to internal controls.
- As needed, develop and/or update finance and accounting policies for the Club’s Finance Department.
- Assist with the Club’s 50/50 raffle (includes game day responsibilities)
- Accounting knowledge—the ability to research and implement new accounting pronouncements.
- Ability to learn and utilize Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or other ERP system.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Written and oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation – Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and enthusiasm. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Values the importance of accuracy and maintains organized files/documentation.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- 3-5 years of public accounting experience
- Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains system experience (preferred but not required)
- Proficient in report building/generation
- High level of analytical analysis ability
- Ability to research and implement generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to identify and remediate internal control deficiencies
- Proficient written and oral communication skills