*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Profile: Accounting Seasonal Assistant
Reports to: Accounting Manager
The position will assist the Finance Department in a variety of accounting duties including but not limited to journal entries, account reconciliations and document management. Additionally, this position will assist in the set-up and execution of 50/50 raffle operations.
- Assist in document management projects using Microsoft Teams.
- Record journal entries for select reoccurring monthly expenses.
- Reconcile select balance sheet accounts monthly.
- Maintain petty cash records and assist in per diem preparation as needed.
- Monitor expenses for select departments.
- Assist in the set-up and execution of 50/50 raffle operations.
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Accounting knowledge—Understand basic accounting concepts.
- Ability to learn and utilize Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains or other ERP system.
- Analytical Skills – Synthesize information; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Written and oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation – Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and enthusiasm. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Values the importance of accuracy and maintains organized files/documentation.
MINIUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Pursuing a career in accounting or finance.
- Possess proficient computer skills including the Microsoft 365 suite of applications.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and attention to detail
- Able to work as a team and willing to help wherever needed.
- Physical activities include minimal lifting and excessive walking on game day.