*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
POSITION PROFILE: Fan Development Representative (Part-Time)
DEPARTMENT: Fan Development
STATUS: Part-Time, 25-30 hours a week; Mon-Fri; occasional weeknights and weekends, including Chiefs home games.
JOB SUMMARY: This position requires energetic individuals with excellent communication skills and a passion for working with youth. You will be working with a team in a variety of outreach roles, both on-site at GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium and off-site within the Kansas City community. Duties will include, but are not limited to, conducting Arrowhead Student Tours for schools and youth groups, assisting with Chiefs Flag Football events & Play60 activations, supporting/conducting off-site Arrowhead Experience visits, and assisting with educational programs within Kingdom Kids and other Youth Programs.
This position also includes game day responsibilities, misc. youth-based community outreach assistance & school activations. Applicants must like working with children and feel comfortable leading groups of youth. They must be open to understanding different age segments and communicating clearly and effectively to those respective segments. Public speaking skills are strongly recommended. Ideal applicants should be extremely responsible, timely, professional, and appropriate in directly interacting with Youth.
- Conduct regular activation of the Arrowhead Experience, a mobile marketing vehicle dedicated to Youth Health & Wellness.
- Must be able to manage schedule and drive to a variety of community locations.
- Clear and friendly communication that represents the Chiefs brand in a positive way.
- Lead tours through GEHA Field at Arrowhead Stadium while promoting aspects of Physical Health, Mental Health and Social Health.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing departmental needs and environment.
- Ability to work majority, if not all, of Chiefs home games throughout the year.
- Being observant and taking a proactive approach to making a youth outreach event the best experience possible for all involved.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner while remaining positive.
- Punctual, organized and possessing great time management skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team atmosphere.
- Occasional Fan Development research and strategy projects.
- Prior experience with school-aged children is highly preferred.
- Public speaking experience is highly preferred.
- Requires frequent walking, standing, bending, and climbing stairs.
- Understand and support all aspects of Health & Wellness.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 50 lbs.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully. Must be able to develop solutions quickly and effectively.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills. Share skills with others and recognizes training opportunities for staff.
- Oral Communications - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communications - Writes clearly and informatively.
- Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well. Readily accepts feedback from others and provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Displays enthusiasm, passion and optimism.
- Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity. Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Motivation - Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Ability to run drill stations and get involved first-hand with Play60 activities.
- Comfort working with / leading children in physical fitness based environment
- Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to push and pull objects, reach, bend, walk, sit and/or stand, climb, balance, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must be able to lift/carry objects weighing 50+ lbs.
- Ability to work in a moderate to loud environment during events and inclement weather temperatures.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED (EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS):
- Ability to interact appropriately with children (background check required).
- Public Speaking
- High School Graduate.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.