*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Position Profile: Full-Time Skilled Trade Assistant
Department: Stadium Services
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Status: Full-Time, Hourly
You must meet all of the requirements listed. The shifts will be awarded to the employee that has the best skill set and meets all of the requirements listed and then will be based on seniority.
Assist Skilled Maintenance workers in completing maintenance, repairs, and new fabrications at the University of Kansas Health System Training Complex, Arrowhead Stadium and outside areas of the Truman Sports Complex.
- Assist skilled maintenance employees in installing and repairing millwork and hardware.
- Assist skilled maintenance employees with concrete repair, forming, and finishing.
- Knowledge of commercial door hardware for purposes of repair and maintenance assistance.
- Applying paints, stains, surface preparatory material, and undercoating materials to a variety of surfaces, as appropriate, and according to Material Safety Data Sheets ensuring compliance with hazardous materials guidelines.
- Able to identify, safely handle, and appropriately dispose of paints, stains, preparatory material, undercoating material, and hazardous material.
- Knowledge of paint formulas, sheens, and color selections and able to organize accordingly.
- Assist skilled maintenance employees in installing, repair and maintenance of drywall, wall texturing, and ceiling acoustic texturing.
- Snow removal: Ability to work in the freezing temperatures for extended periods of time at all times of day or night, carry 50lb bags of ice melt for distances and upstairs, shovel snow and walkways, scatter ice melt, and be on call at any time.
- Keep Maintenance Shop and all shops organized and free of debris.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Operates heavy lift equipment including forklifts, scissors, and boom swing stage to heights of 80 feet.
- Seat Repair: Identify, repair or replace broken seats using hand tools.
- Erects various types of scaffolding, staging, ladders, and planks to reach surfaces of work areas.
- Knowledge of tools, equipment, and materials.
- Knowledge and skill in hazardous materials handling, application, and disposal.
- Keeps equipment and work areas clean and organized.
- Must have the ability to work independently and deliver direction to part time staff.
- Must have the ability to work in a team, with multiple people on the same project.
- Must have the ability to listen and follow direction effectively.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Professional Appearance: All applicants must maintain a professional appearance.
- Technical Skills-Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Motivation-Demonstrates excellent personal motivation and encourages others to be motivated and enthusiastic. Shows persistence and overcomes obstacles. Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Walk and stand
- Bend forward
- Kneel down
- Push and pull objects
- Lift and/or move up to 50lbs, sometimes over shoulder.
- Repetitive bending and lifting of items
- Repetitive arm movements
- Complete work off ladders
- Reports to work each day and on time and works extra hours when needed.
- Employee must comply with proper safety policies and procedures as required (i.e. when using cleaning chemicals, painting chemicals, reporting incidents, etc).
- Provides excellent level of customer service to both internal and external customers.
- The employee must be able to determine the neatness, accuracy and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- If required to travel for business: maintains a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Must undergo and pass a background check.
- Must be approved by Management