In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Position Profile: Community Outreach Seasonal Assistant
Department: Community Outreach
Reports to: Community Outreach Operations Assistant
Status: Seasonal, Hourly
JOB SUMMARY: This position will be composed of interacting with various members of the Kansas City Chiefs organization in regard to community outreach efforts, appearances, and donations, as well as planning, coordinating and supervising community assets for several events. In addition, the Seasonal Assistant will aid in responding, planning and coordinating appearances and donations tied to local charitable causes and will be working closely with non-profit organizations. This individual will be expected to exercise proper initiative and judgment in the supervision of all department initiatives. Outreach, marketing, communication, leadership and organization are all important elements within this position.
- Act as a liaison and representative for the Kansas City Chiefs with community groups.
- Track and manage daily media coverage of Chiefs Community Caring Team initiatives.
- Respond and coordinate daily to donation/appearance requests.
- Lead planning and organizing efforts in relation to annual Signing Day for the department.
- Assist with mailings and other distributions.
- Assist the Community Outreach team in development, recommendation, and implementation of programs for various assets in the KC community.
- Aid in the planning and execution of community outreach initiatives and provide on-site support.
- Update High School Wall of Fame displays and information.
- Help to manage and coordinate Chiefs Ambassador meetings, appearances, and annual Ambassador Golf Tournament and Gala.
- Assist in other alumni initiatives.
- Collaborate with team to create Community Impact Report for the year.
- Work in unison with the team’s Communications and Digital Media departments to pitch and promote community outreach programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned by members of the Community Outreach department.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the individual.
- All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
- 40 hours per week and events/game days.
- Light office duties and activities.
- Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
- Individuals must possess excellent attention to detail and oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills.