JOB SUMMARY:This is a paid position with Arrowhead Events, the in-house event sales department, whose primary focus is to sell non-game day events primarily within Arrowhead Stadium. In addition this department creates and markets its own revenue producing events such as, the annual Chiefs 5k, and the annual Fantasy Football Draft.
The person selected for this position will support the Event Sales Team in fulfilling the business plan objectives established for the department. More specifically, the Event Sales Administrator will assist the department with a wide variety of activities to include:
· Field and process inquiries received via email, phone and other forms of correspondence, quickly and professionally. Direct sales to the appropriate Event Sales Manager.
· Support the prospecting process thru lead generation – researching prospects, finding contact information, past event history (if applicable), and reporting findings to the Event Sales Manager.
· Assist with mailings and other distributions.
· Become proficient in the use of Ungerboeck Event Software to the point of Administrator status.
· Learn product and be able to speak knowledgably to potential customers.
· Coordinate site tours on behalf of the sales team.
· Generate event proposals and contracts.
· Assist the Event Sales Manager with the execution of the annual marketing plan, to include creative requests, ad deadlines, advertising contracts, etc.
· Coordinate participation in tradeshows, community events, and conferences/travel for the sales team.
· Aid in the planning and execution of large department events: Fantasy Football Draft, Open House, Client Appreciations, etc.
· Provide prompt, accurate, courteous service while hosting existing and potential clients during home football games. Organize all related game tickets, parking passes, pre-game field access, and food and beverage orders for each game.
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Event Sales Manager.
The ideal candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills; tremendous attention to detail; and some sales, marketing, and/or event industry experience.
The Event Sales Administrator is a functional part of our team and must be coachable. Local and regional travel is sometimes, although rarely, necessary and always reimbursed.
1. Qualified candidates must possess superior organizational skills and be able to function in a fast-paced, multi-task setting.
2. Individuals must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Use of analytical skills to identify and improve performance and program execution will be necessary.
4. Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
5. Plan, organize, and implement projects and tasks within an allotted timeframe.
6. Work with others in a professional manner while attempting to achieve a common goal.
7. Must have a working knowledge of the following Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and have internet research skills. Knowledge of Ungerboeck software is a plus, but not required.
Light office duties and activities.
Some extensive walking.
Occasionally long periods of standing.
QUICK FACTS / REQUIREMENTS:
Interview expenses such as travel, etc. are the responsibility of the candidate.
Any relocation fees are the responsibility of the candidate.
All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S.A.
Maximum of 29 hours per week, primarily between 8:30am - 5pm, Monday - Friday. Will be required to work some home games. Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends when necessary.