Would you like a job with the Canadian Football League (CFL)?
If you are interested in working with us at CFL, please apply for a job.
CURRENT JOB OPENINGS -- Opportunities are available within the following categories:
Intern, Retail Operations with Hamilton Tiger-Cats Football Club and Forge FC in Hamilton · ON
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC Internship Program will offer the following career benefits and opportunities to each individual who participates in the program:
- Learn how a professional sport organization successfully operates by working in multiple areas of the business with knowledgeable sport industry professionals
- Gain confidence in essential workplace related skills by completing tasks that involve time management, communication, and teamwork skills
- Apply knowledge gained from post-secondary education and previous experiences to develop new programs and initiatives that have a direct impact on the success of the organization and its teams
- Learn how to work under pressure in a gameday environment and execute key programs for the organization
- Throughout the season, work with other interns on a major project and discover how to work in a group setting while accomplishing your individual and group’s goals
- Build a professional network by working with experienced sport industry specialists from inside and outside of the organization
- Meet with an assigned director from the organization once a month and discuss and review career objectives
- Attend group discussions and share challenges and success stories with fellow interns
- Enhance resume for future employment opportunities and/ or for potential graduate school applications
- Use experience to learn about yourself, evaluate career objectives, and set new career and personal goals
- Receive and utilize professional tools such as a welcome package, business cards, and LinkedIn headshot
Internship Duration: All internships will be a seven-month term from May 4th to November 27th except for the Intern, Forge FC Events and Ticket Administration position which will be an eight-month term from April 6th to November 27th.
Payment: $300 per month stipend and an honorarium paid on completion of the term.
- Gameday Hours: $75 for each Tiger-Cats game worked and $60 for each Forge FC game.
- CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
- FORGE FC COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- FORGE FC EVENTS & TICKET ADMINISTRATION
- GAME PRODUCTION & EVENTS
- GRAPHIC DESIGN
- GUEST EXPERIENCE
- RETAIL OPERATIONS
- STADIUM EVENTS & OPERATIONS
- STAFF WRITER
- STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
- TICKETING OPERATIONS, SALES & SERVICE
- TIGER-CATS COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- TIGER-CATS FOOTBALL OPERATIONS
- VIDEO PRODUCTION
- 2021 GREY CUP
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates must email their résumé and cover letter to the email address listed in the specific intern job description. Intern job description can be viewed below.
- Email subject should read: “2020 (name of internship position) Application”
- Please indicate in your application email where you saw this internship posting advertised (i.e. Hamilton Tiger-Cats website, indeed, SIRC, university/ college job board, etc.)
- To view all of the internship job descriptions, please click on the following link - https://ticats.ca/employment-opportunities/
- The application deadline for every position is Sunday, February 16th, 2020
The Hamilton Tiger-Cats and Forge FC thank you for your interest in joining our organization for the upcoming seasons.
INTERN, RETAIL OPERATIONS
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Gain hands-on, meaningful work experience by working the sales floor, merchandising products in-store, completing shipping and receiving responsibilities, and setting up gamedays
- Fully participate in all day-to-day activities, gamedays, and other significant events in which the Retail Department has a presence
- Learn a wide range of management responsibilities, daily processes and procedures, and play an important role in everything going on within the Retail Department
Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong focus on delivering best-in-class customer service and support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and problem solving ability
- Attention to detail and desire to improve and perfect any projects undertaken
- An ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Passion for football, soccer, the Tiger-Cats, Forge FC, and the Hamilton community
- A flexible schedule is required as attendance for every home game and other scheduled events is mandatory
- Previous experience working in retail is an asset
How did you hear about this job?