In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Manager, Media Strategy & Sales is primarily responsible for oversight of flagship and affiliate media partnerships, along with revenue strategy that derives from these relationships. Manager will facilitate all radio, TV, and print inventory for both sponsorable assets, as well as for internal objectives. This role will include active revenue generation through the sale of media inventory, including direct sales and in support of the Corporate Partnership sales team, in addition to local and national media rights deals.
- Oversee key agreements, relationships, and communications with media partners – including TV, Radio, Print, and League partnerships
- Manage all inventory for purposes of revenue generation and internal marketing objectives
- Primary liaison between Corporate Partnerships and Marketing for all inventory management, asset fulfillment, media planning, budgeting, audience measurement, and reporting
- Manage all trafficking services and distribution via third party platforms (Skyview, Scripps, Comcast, etc.)
- Establish relationships with local and national prospects, including media agencies, to maximize potential revenue opportunities
- Work with Corporate Partnerships team to deliver on revenue goals, including individual goal, and team goal
- Identify strategic growth opportunities for media expansion with both traditional and new media platforms
- Oversee the development of complex rights packages and lead the negotiation of long form agreements.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proven history of managing high-level media partnerships with a premium rights holder
- Ability to successfully negotiate complex partnerships
- Professional approach that results in a level of trust and respect with internal stakeholders, maintaining a team first attitude that ensures team goals are achieved
- Work game days, weekends, and special events to entertain existing partners and new business prospects.
- Ability to travel as required for success
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5-7 years of extensive and proven integrated media strategy and sales experience
- Regional experience preferred
- Extensive knowledge of sports sponsorship contacts and asset development