In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Operate, maintain, and repair assigned electrical and building systems in such a manner as to insure optimal stadium operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Promotes a safe work culture by following all local, state, and federal regulations and company safety guidelines.
- Documents work in computerized maintenance management system.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all levels of the organization and outside contractors.
- Completes assigned preventive maintenance and reactive maintenance repairs, either alone or with assistance, requiring, but not limited to the following skills:
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical Systems
- General Building Systems
- Develops and maintains a high level of proficiency in Electrical work and is generally well versed in all the above trades.
- Maintains a working knowledge of all electrical systems, isolation shutoffs and the ability to respond to any emergency with the ability to minimize disruption to the building.
- Install and repair electrical wiring, systems and fixtures in the Stadium.
- Install conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures Stadium complies with electrical codes.
- Install circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connect wiring to them.
- Connect electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the Stadium.
- Test electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspect electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replace conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replace circuit breakers as needed.
- Inspect, maintain and repair low/ high voltage distribution systems and transformers.
- Install, maintain and repair building lighting systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose building electrical problems.
- Maintain proper documentation relating to completing tasks, progress of work orders, inventory of supplies and equipment and expenses related to work on building infrastructure and equipment.
- Proactively seek to exceed pristine standards across facilities through punch list needs such as patch, paint, lighting replacements, repairs to doors, windows, drywall, etc.
- Initiate operation, maintenance and repair procedures for all equipment including scheduling, start-ups, winterization and routine checks.
- Recommend changes in procedures and improvements, which are beneficial to the operation of the Stadium.
- Participate in all training exercises as directed and actively follow all policies and procedures as set forth.
- Learn, understand and comply with fire, safety, and other emergency practices. Immediately report all potential mechanical, electrical or other unsafe conditions to the Director.
- Keep work areas clean, neat, orderly and in a safe condition.
- Assist in the training of other employees as assigned by Director.
- Monitor work by outside contractors and relay any safety violations or other inconsistencies to the Director.
- Perform call-catching duties as assigned by Director and/or Command.
ESSENTIAL JOB KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and make quick and decisive decisions with confidence.
- Must have a current State of Ohio Electrical license.
- Must have a minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial maintenance.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise judgement based on an understanding of organizational policies and procedures.
- Clearly, effectively, and professionally interact with staff, supervisors, fellow departments, contractors and the public.
- Obtain and maintain a valid Ohio Driver License
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer skills specifically including Microsoft Office Suite and industry standard software
- Availability to work long and irregular hours including nights, weekends, holidays, NFL games and special events including but not limited to soccer, football, concerts and banquets.
- Must be able to see color to discern color-coded wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending and climbing stairs, ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.