We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The AMBSE Brand Strategy Group is a collection of storytellers, content creators and communications experts responsible for setting the tone of the Atlanta Falcons and Mercedes-Benz Stadium brands. This talented group leverages the entire marketing mix across advertising, brand strategy, digital engagement and media outreach to create emotional connections with our fans both locally and nationally.
As a leader within this group, the Atlanta Falcons Brand Marketing Director is responsible for brand strategy, optimization and ownership of the Falcons marketing initiatives from end-to-end.
This high-profile, fast-paced, challenging opportunity requires an energetic, proactive brand expert to create clearly defined strategies, communicate our brand identity as well as meet our ongoing sales demand. Must have a data-driven mindset with an expertise in dissecting and understanding local and national audiences in order to foster long term brand loyalty. He/she will have a high impact on shaping the internal culture & collaboration of the entire organization as well as the future of the Falcons and Mercedes-Benz Stadium brand.
The position requires strong leadership, collaboration and organization skills with the ability to set a clear vision, build detailed strategies and manage deliverables in an efficient, timely manner. He/she will be required to bring innovative ideas and a highly collaborative mindset to the team in order to create content across multiple channels in order to inspire Falcons fans, and ultimately drive business results.
- Develop vision, strategy and brand connection across corresponding marketing elements in order to maximize the brand equity.
- Provide direction to analytics teams to create consumer segments for the purposes of identifying core targets to ensure marketing efforts are guided by fan insights and interests.
- Ability to merge the art and science of brand marketing in order to positively impact content and creative, while ultimately driving business and sales results.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the complete marketing plan for the Atlanta Falcons and Mercedes-Benz Stadium.
- Responsible for developing, directing and coordinating integrated marketing programs / events.
- Guide the use of CRM and other results-tracking efforts to measure the success of marketing strategies and tactics to drive effective and efficient efforts in the future.
- Ability to conceptualize and lead successful grassroots campaigns that drive a brand presence in the market that is emotionally impactful for our core audiences.
- Provide day-to-day leadership of integrated marketing staff while ensuring the team is fully integrated into the AMBSE Brand Strategy Group. This will also require the ability to define and manage agencies, as well as partner and contractor oversight / engagement.
- Proven ability to manage all media buying efforts for a large brand. This will also extend beyond media buying to developing content strategies that match the media we are purchasing to ensure we are driving interest with the corresponding audiences.
- Provide strong guidance on e-mail marketing strategy to see the larger brand implications of delivery frequency, while also driving business and revenue success.
- Has developed depth and breadth of brand marketing expertise as well as broad knowledge of communications, digital media and sales functions within a professional sports organization.
- Integrate commerce into key platforms while delivering inspiring, innovative content to drive brand awareness and sales. Knowledge and execution of paid social, SEO, retail, and experiential marketing is a must.
- Understanding and continuous monitoring of marketing, digital and media trends with a keen awareness of NFL and team-related headwinds that will impact our brand both short and long term.
- Must be interested in knowing and understanding the story our potential audience wants to hear as much as the story we want to tell.
- Responsible for driving a culture of collaboration across organization - inclusive of creative, digital, communications, sales and sponsorship leaders.
- Responsible for the creation and placement of advertising in support business and sales initiatives through media planning, creative content and campaign development, key performance metrics, market research, and vendor management.
- Define and develop brand marketing and sales success metrics.
- Manages overall marketing budgets as well as budgets for large projects or significant programs.
- Recognized as a brand strategy expert within the industry / company.
- Ability to anticipate internal and or external business challenges, solve unique and complex problems and recommend processes and solutions that will positively impact the business.
- Contributes to the development of business unit strategy across communications, digital, ticketing, sponsorship, etc.
- Leads integrated project teams to achieve milestones and objectives
- Presents complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others to adopt a different point of view.
- Must be able to work with a multitude of marketing and business backgrounds, but foster an organization-wide culture that consistently seeks to translate data into emotion.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree as well as 8-10 years of experience across brand and marketing, including strategy and plan development, in addition to a clear understanding and collaboration with communications and digital media functions.
- Experience working within a sports and/or consumer brand and high-paced, demanding professional setting is required. Agency experience acceptable.
- Must have 5-8 years of media buying experience.
- Must have a proven track record of developing and driving brand interest through local grass roots efforts.
- Must have experience with CRM and E-mail marketing.
- Must be deeply involved in briefing and leading high impact creative efforts for a brand.
- Must have at least 2-3 years of direct experience with digital social media and evaluating content performance.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams, developing talent.
- Must have a passion for continuous learning.