Corporate Partnerships Internship Description
The Philadelphia Soul, the 2016 & 2017 Champions of the Arena Football League, are offering an opportunity to current college level students looking to gain real world sales experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence.
This internship is ideal for someone that is serious about pursuing a career in sales with a professional sports team. It will provide Business-to-Business sales, customer service, relationship management, and fulfillment experience with a heightened focus on maximizing and optimizing elements contained in corporate partner contracts. This position will report directly to the Manager of Client Fulfillment.
This internship is available for full-time and part-time candidates, eligible to work for college credit beginning in September 2019.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fulfill contractual elements of team sponsor deals (including at home games)
- Develop and maintain plans of action per sponsorship terms
- Draft correspondence and forms to current and potential sponsors
- Record and monitor inventory spreadsheets (i.e. print, media, in-arena, and merchandise)
- Maintain client service interaction (i.e. contractual elements have been fulfilled; maintain rapport)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates must have a desire to work hard to gain experience in the professional sports/entertainment industry. Looking for aggressive, intelligent, social, 'people person(s)'. Candidates must be self-motivating, reliable and enthusiastic. Candidate is able to receive college credit based on the specific requirements form his/her school. Candidate is responsible for all travel and parking.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think independently
- Experience managing multiple relationships over periods of time
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Competitive spirit and highly committed to endeavors
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Please note that the Philadelphia Soul Front Office has moved to Voorhees, NJ and our home games are played at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, PA. Ability to work from the Voorhees location and be in Philadelphia on Game Days is required.