This internship is ideal for someone that is serious about pursuing a career in communications & community relations with a professional sports team. It will provide a great deal of writing and social media experience along with experience in other departments. This position will report directly to the Communications Manager.
JOB SUMMARY: The Philadelphia Soul of the Arena Football League is offering an opportunity to current college level students looking to gain real world PR experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence.
This internship is available for full-time or part-time candidates, eligible to work for college credit beginning in May 2018 through the 2018 season.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Various press releases, media alerts and game notes
- Assisting with all team social media accounts
- Contributing to the 2018 Media and Postseason Guides
- Attending and running press box on home games
- Fulfilling donation requests and player appearance forms
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Candidates must have a desire to work hard to gain writing experience in the professional sports/entertainment industry. Candidates must be self-motivating, reliable and enthusiastic. Candidate is able to receive college credit based on the specific requirements form his/her school. Candidate is responsible for all travel and parking.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think independently
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Knowledge of all social media platforms
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills