PLEASE NOTE: This role is based in Albany, NY. Candidates must be able to make necessary accommodations to be local in the area.
This is a part-time, seasonal position from May through August, 2019.
- The AFL seeks an individual for the Columbus Destroyers, with a strong background in broadcast journalism to serve as an on-camera host, and who will oversee shoulder programming for team content to be used across various streaming and social platforms. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing high-quality shoulder programming of various lengths and styles.
- The individual will be responsible for capturing game footage and filming live standup shots (pre and/or post game, and also during practices).
- The individual must be able to ideate story and content plans, while ensuring full content execution, from pre-production outlines through post-production processes.
- Preference will be given to individuals with experience coordinating and filming their own live shots, and cutting clips together during post-production.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University with a degree in journalism, broadcast, communications or a related subject.
- Minimum two years of experience in broadcast journalism, or a related field. Flexibility allowed for qualified candidates.
- Ability to plan scripts and content, capture all footage and manage post-production editing to properly put clips together for high-quality segments.
- Experience working with Adobe Premier Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Background in video production and/or audiovisual preferred.
- Interest in sports and entertainment strongly preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.