This internship is ideal for someone that is serious about pursuing a career in sales with a professional sports team. It will provide sales, customer service, ticket operations, and fulfillment experience. This position will report directly to the Director of Ticket Sales & Service and the Director of Ticket Operations.
The World Champion Albany Empire of the Arena Football League is offering an opportunity to current college level students looking to gain real world sales experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence.
This internship is available for full-time candidates, eligible to work for college credit beginning in September of 2019. The position runs through December of 2019.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily outbound sales campaigns
- Assisting the sales department in day-to-day ticket operations
- Attending/staffing outside Empire sales events
- Offering sales/marketing feedback/suggestions as it pertains to the sales department
- Assisting clients and providing customer service
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Candidates must have a desire to work hard to gain sales experience in the professional sports/entertainment industry.
- Looking for aggressive, social, outgoing individuals.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, reliable and enthusiastic.
- Candidate is able to receive college credit based on the specific requirements from his/her school.
- Candidate is responsible for all travel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think independently
- Experience managing multiple relationships over periods of time
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Competitive spirit and highly committed to endeavors
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Please note that the Albany Empire Front Office is currently located in the Times Union Center in Albany, NY.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.