This internship is ideal for someone that is serious about pursuing a career in sales with a professional sports team. It will provide sales, customer service, ticket operations, and fulfillment experience. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Ticket Sales.
The Atlantic City Blackjacks are offering an opportunity to current college level students looking to gain real world sales experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence.
This internship is available for full-time candidates, eligible to work for college credit beginning in January of 2020. The position runs May 2020.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily outbound sales campaigns
- Assisting the sales department in day-to-day ticket operations
- Ensuring pre-season, in-season & game day activation and delivery of all Atlantic City Blackjacks ticket/experience deliverables
- Working all Blackjack home games that fall within internship
- Attending/staffing outside events
- Offering sales/marketing feedback/suggestions as it pertains to the sales department
- Assisting clients and providing customer service
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Candidates must have a desire to work hard to gain sales experience in the professional sports/entertainment industry. Looking for aggressive, intelligent, social, 'people person(s)'. Candidates must be self-motivating, reliable and enthusiastic. Candidate is able to receive college credit based on the specific requirements from his/her school. Candidate is responsible for all travel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think independently
- Experience managing multiple relationships over periods of time
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Competitive spirit and highly committed to endeavors
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Please note that the Atlantic City Blackjacks Front Office is currently located in Voorhees, NJ. Games will be played at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City, NJ.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.