The Arena Football League is looking to hire a Director of Ticket Sales & Service in various locations to help oversee their ticketing sales efforts. The ideal candidate in each location should have a proven track record of managing, selling and increasing ticket sales revenues for a sports or entertainment venue. The ideal candidate needs to be a sales hunter and strong closer, who leads by example. The candidate needs to be a dynamic leader who is personable, energetic, and has considerable sales training experience that will help to inspire his/her staff to sell tickets, retain clients and offer the highest level of customer service possible. Strong, traditional business skill sets in developing plans, managing a staff, attention to detail and a thorough knowledge of how to work appropriately in developing strong relationships will be necessary.
- Responsible for the planning, development and implementation of the overall ticketing strategies to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction
- Assist the team C.O.O and Arena Football League Leadership in development and proposal of pricing strategies
- Oversee strategies and initiatives to maximize ticket sales, including outlining business plans, timelines, marketing, collateral development, promotions, etc.
- Responsible for the evolution and implementation of sales strategies for business development in conjunction with the budget expectations of the organization
- Help to continually recruit and develop new groups sales and account executive talent to the ticket department
- Responsible for developing strategies to motivate staff to accomplish the ticket sales, service, and operational goals
- Work with the C.O.O. and Arena Football League Leadership to develop and implement sales training programs for the ticket sales staff
- Manage market research, assess data, and evaluate inventory to identify areas of growth, improvement, or opportunity to generate incremental ticket/group experience revenue
- Proactively resolve customer and staff inquiries and issues
- Additional duties as assigned by the C.O.O. and Arena Football League Leadership
- Three plus years’ experience in sales management preferred, including inside and outside sales as well as customer service sales management experience in professional sports or entertainment is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must have the ability to successfully develop and execute a strategic plan aimed at delivering sales growth in accordance with the organization’s financial goals
- Outstanding leadership qualities along with strong customer service, sales and motivational skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to oversee relationships and contractual agreements for the sales department
- Adhere to organization policies and procedures
- Act as a role model within and outside the organization
- Perform duties as workload necessitates
- Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
- Meet department productivity standards
- Meet all sales goals (personal and departmental)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.