*Applicants must be local to the Washington, D.C. area."
Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from arenas in which AFL games are played, which provides the data used on official AFL platforms, including afldigital.com, to archive game and seasonal statistics. This is a perfect part-time job for a responsible, computer-savvy person who is passionate about football, and willing and eager to learn the game of Arena Football. Prior knowledge of the AFL game is highly preferred. All scorers will be fully trained by the League.
- Double-check and verify all relevant game information: rosters, officials, etc.
- Responsible for properly setting up game files, and subsequently performing a live statistics transmission test. This is to be done at least 30 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Responsible for confirming with the designated League statistician that the file from the live transmission test has been received.
- Work closely with AFL game-night support staff to ensure proper scoring of all game events and accuracy of data.
- Validate all stats and data in our scoring software against the official box score provided by the Official Scorer.
- Scorers are expected to arrive no later than 90 minutes prior to kickoff.
- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of football (Arena Football preferable), and how to score a football game.
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software.
- Previous experience using the StatCrew software.
- Previous experience (including pressbox exposure) with a professional or college sports team, preferably football.
- Regular availability to attend games in-person as required by the schedule: mainly weekends.
- A "team player" with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.