The Philadelphia Soul Equipment Manager is someone who is pursuing a career on the football operations side of a football team, which include various duties related to the team. This position will provide a large amount of experience with equipment and video while working with the coaching staff and will report directly to the General Manager.
Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence. This is a seasonal position that begins in March 2020 and ends in August 2020.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain, inventory, order, and distribute all necessary equipment including but not limited to shoulder pads, helmets, uniforms, gloves, etc.
- Daily set up of practice field
- Daily cleanup of locker room
- Daily laundry, including practice apparel and towels
- Maintain the cleanliness of the locker room
- Pack all team related equipment for home and away games
- Gameday locker room set up for both home and away games
- Uploading daily practice film and game film
- Ensure jerseys are made for each game with any new players names and numbers, as well as ensuring jerseys are inspected and fixed on a game to game basis
- Work closely with the others equipment managers in the league to coordinate times for arena setup and be present to meet the opposing team when they arrive at our arena
- Communicate with the coaching staff on a daily basis
- Communicate with vendors for ordering equipment
Candidates must have a strong work ethic and are eager to gain experience in the professional sports industry. Candidates must be self-motivating, reliable, professional and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to think independently
- Experience managing multiple projects at one time
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Knowledge of all Microsoft office
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
- An interest in football is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.