Sponsorship Sales Internship Description
The Philadelphia Soul, the 2016 & 2017 Champions of the Arena Football League, are offering an opportunity to current graduate level students looking to gain real world sales experience and position themselves for a career in the Sports Industry upon graduation. Our emphasis is to provide significant challenges, varying daily operational requirements and opportunity for creativity, resourcefulness, and excellence.
This internship is ideal for someone that is serious about pursuing a career in sales with a professional sports team. It will provide Business-to-Business sales, customer service, relationship management, and fulfillment experience as the chosen candidate will be directly responsible for selling sponsorship and advertising at the team’s practice facility, Total Turf Experience. Located in Pitman, NJ it is South Jersey’s premier indoor/outdoor sports facility which welcomes more than 500,000 guests per year, providing ample opportunity to the ideal candidate to convert traffic into dollars. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Business Operations.
This internship is available for full-time (preferred) and part-time candidates, eligible to work graduate college credit beginning in January 2020.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research, develop and contact a list of potential sponsors
- Develop a strong understanding of Total Turf’s advertisement opportunities
- Craft the message and value proposition to appeal to both a wide range of prospects, as well as specific industry categories
- Keep an organized, precise list of all conversations with clients, sponsors and exhibitors
- Create sales proposals and deliver sales pitch to potential clients, aligning your offering with their respective goals & objectives
- Negotiate and ultimately close sponsorship deals
- Oversee and manage the fulfillment process, ensuring maximum customer satisfaction every step of the way
- Perform other duties as assigned
Candidates must have a desire to work hard to gain sales experience in the professional sports/entertainment industry. Looking for aggressive, intelligent, social, 'people person(s)'. Candidates must be self-motivating, reliable and enthusiastic. Candidate must be able to receive college credit based on the specific requirements form his/her school.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Must have strong aptitude for independent work as well as good judgement about when to seek guidance and clarification before proceeding
- Experience managing multiple relationships over periods of time
- Attention to detail and extremely organized
- Competitive spirit and highly committed to endeavors
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Please note that the Philadelphia Soul Front Office is located in Voorhees, NJ and the practice facility is in Pitman, NJ. Therefore, reliable transportation and the ability to be in both locations, sometimes during the same day, is required.